cheapest torrent download solution required

SahilAr

In the zone
Hello Everyone,i need a convenient torrent downloading solution,as these days Electricity cut is a major problem for me,please suggest me a reliable torrent downloading solution.Also,i should be able to access/view those downloaded files remotely!
The options come in my mind:
Buy a Router with inbuilt torrent client capabilities?
or
Buy a Android Based Smartphone and use it as torrent downloader
Also,here comes a question in my mind,is it possible that i can attach a external hard disk with Android Smartphone?
And the setup should consume as less as 20W~40W,not even 41W.
The Budget is strictly upto 6.5K!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^Torrent Downloading using android is not recommended & good idea.

there are media players available in market which support inbuilt torrent

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
well there are some torrent downloaders on dealextreme.. Standalone BitTorrent BT Downloader + USB/Printer Sharing Network LAN Server - Free Shipping - DealExtreme .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have this Playon!HD2 :: AC Ryan , it has got a slot for adding a internal HDD (3.5") it cost me about 9K, it has inbuilt bit torrent client which you can access from any computer on the network using a browser, NAS/network features.

Champ

.NET Guru
well there are some torrent downloaders on dealextreme.. Standalone BitTorrent BT Downloader + USB/Printer Sharing Network LAN Server - Free Shipping - DealExtreme .
Anyone with experience with devices like above, Plz share, am thinking of buying one since long

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
^Torrent Downloading using android is not recommended & good idea.

there are media players available in market which support inbuilt torrent

Why do you think that downloading torrents using Android is not recommended and not a good idea?Except that Battery Reason :p

Sounds a good option,but will it allow me to access files remotely?
And about dealextreme,will they ship to Inida via Cash On Delivery?What are the shipment charges like Octroi,Taxes etc?

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
Make an NAS box yourself. Cost efficient and has all the features you would want. Instructions are there on feb 2012 fastrack. Install utorrent and use remote utorrent or teamviewer.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I have this Playon!HD2 :: AC Ryan , it has got a slot for adding a internal HDD (3.5") it cost me about 9K, it has inbuilt bit torrent client which you can access from any computer on the network using a browser, NAS/network features.
For the torrent download solution,i won't even spend 6.6k,6.5k is the maximum limit i can spend,and the media player i have seen it,it will consume about 50-60 W,it is also too much costlier-9k:shock:

Make an NAS box yourself. Cost efficient and has all the features you would want. Instructions are there on feb 2012 fastrack. Install utorrent and use remote utorrent or teamviewer.

Teamviewer is a big piece of Crap..I used it,it requires high bandwidth such as 2mbps or so!It's not a worth method of copying/transferring/viewing files remotely!
And how can i make my own "Network Attached Storage":|

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
go here How to build a NAS box | bit-tech.net

It has many pages not just one and the later pages cover downloading torrents also

Flake

Linux User
Check this Router : ASUS RT-N13U. Using it for last 6 months and it works really fine. It supports USB Disk 32GB max with default firmware and have inbuilt Bittorrent Client too. ASUS Aidisk FTP feature allow to access data of USB Disk via ftp client from anywhere.

There are a few custom firmwares available at DD-Wrt. Check this thread at TechEnclave. Custom firmware removes 32GB disk size barrier and you can install better Bittorrent Client, a lot of other packages to add a few extra features.

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
Check this Router : ASUS RT-N13U. Using it for last 6 months and it works really fine. It supports USB Disk 32GB max with default firmware and have inbuilt Bittorrent Client too. ASUS Aidisk FTP feature allow to access data of USB Disk via ftp client from anywhere.

There are a few custom firmwares available at DD-Wrt. Check this thread at TechEnclave. Custom firmware removes 32GB disk size barrier and you can install better Bittorrent Client, a lot of other packages to add a few extra features.
How much does it cost

And how much power it's gonna consume,the page/link you have mentioned?
Shouldnt eat too much power as the components are getting underclocked and undervolted

Flake

Linux User
I purchased it from HomeShop18. It costed me around 2700 that time. Just Google and you can find free coupons worth 300+. It will cost you around 2800+.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I purchased it from HomeShop18. It costed me around 2700 that time. Just Google and you can find free coupons worth 300+. It will cost you around 2800+.
There is a version confusion in that router..!Flipkart Staff doesn't knows whether they are having the revision B1 version or not in their stock!
And also,it has only got one USB Port,can i attach a USB Hub and use USB Ports?And also the FTP option is not worth it as it would consume/require high bandwidth say 4mbps or more if i remotely want to access files,i need a method where there is no requirement of high bandwidth(4Mbps or more) for sharing files remotely!Only Internet Connection should be there,as i don't have such amount of high speeds available on my home..i.e,my Broadband Connection has only 512kbps:-(

Flake

Linux User
AFAIK, only B1 version is available now. I have confirmed this from HomeShop18 at that time.

Regarding USB, default firmware support only one USB disk but with DD-WRT firmware, you can use multiple disks, partitions.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
AFAIK, only B1 version is available now. I have confirmed this from HomeShop18 at that time.

Regarding USB, default firmware support only one USB disk but with DD-WRT firmware, you can use multiple disks, partitions.

So the Cheapest solution is that Asus RT-N13U Router?
and you have mentioned about multiple disks,partitions what about USB?Can i attach multiple USB/USB Hub with DD-WRT Firmware?
Accessing files remotely is a main problem,because whenever i am out of my Home,i should be able to access my files online via Galaxy Y or my Dell XPS from my Desktop.As i am out of my house most of the time,so any method which could use less bandwidth(not 4Mbps)as i have only 512Kbps Unlimited.