Cheapest solution to have dual display setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I have a very simple requirement - to be able to connect 2 monitors to my system supported to their native resolutions. But I have only one VGA output. what is the cheapest graphics card or solution I can use for this purpose. I have not other extra requirements and I will be purely running only email and office software on the system.
Can someone please recommend any graphics card and if possible, the price? (I am looking for a budget range of 2000 rs. and so i can buy a 15" lcd monitor for about 4000/- in addition to my existing crt 17")

I am new to graphics cards, so I really don't know what cards support dual display output (I guess it is called extended display).

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
i mean i am running an operating system on my computer and have an email client and a word processor open. i want the email client on one monitor and the word processor on the other.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Many cards come with dual DVI output, I think one of those 5 Series GeForce started the trend. Just look for cards with dual display output, any old cheapo card would do. You just have to connect both the monitors and your OS should detect them fine and you can do as you wish with them.

Ps. Digit had this article of some BIOS supporting simultaneous use of the onboard AND the Graphic Card v-out. Maybe you can try that on yours before going for a card?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what is the model number of your motherboard? if your motherboard has PCIe slot, get MSI NX8600GT 256MB card for 4.5k

*www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX8600GT-T2D256EZ&class=vga

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
@qwertymaniac: my motherboard doesn't support that.
@desibond: that is too high for my budget. i want a card in a 1-2 k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom