cheapest card of nVidia with pixel shaders??

Do You Like ATi Radeon or nVidia GeForce??

• Radeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F**K these I am not a game geek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saketkutta

Broken In
I want to buy a graphics card. And as my mother board is old it supports only 2X and 4X not 8X. Is there any card with 2X/4X with pixel shaders and is the cheapest one. I would not like names of Radeon since its expensive than nVidia and I dont like it.

So plz post some names of nVidia cards with pixe shaders and is the cheapest with the price.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
8x cards will run on mobos which support only 4x. It will run at 4x speeds thats all. Like the others said the 5200 is the cheapest card mate.

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
my mobo supports just 2X. Which card will i be able to use. I tried 5200 it does not work. I am planiing to buy GeForce 3 will tht support PoP:SoT And PoP:WW

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Geforce 3 does not have Hardware Texture and Lighting support hence you wont be able to play PoP series as it needs H T&L

Geforce

Journeyman
:arrow: Geforce 3 SUPPORTS Hardware Tranform and Lighting.

:arrow: Starting from Geforce256 H T&L was introduced. It was not there on TNT, TNT2.

:idea: Even if you get GF3 it would be very expensive. Don't buy it ... there are much better cards available.

:arrow: Buy a Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB at the least and it will run on 2x. It will cost around 4.5k ... 64MB one will be a little cheaper.

:wink: Nothing like it if you can get an ATI Radeon 9600 for around 5k. And do not go for 9600SE (64-bit memory). Don't know if it has any problems with 2x. All these boards are 2x/4x/8x compatible.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
saketkutta said:
Thanx Geforce but how will I know tht a card is 2X or 4X or 8X. I will search in Kathmandu for GF4 Ti200.

Listen buddy agp 8x or 4x isn't gonna make a difference , since agp standard was made to be backwards compatible. So be rest assured that the card even if its agp 8x will probably work with a AGP 4x slot.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Like others said, 4x and 8x are cross-compatible and since the 4x bandwidth is big enough, there will be negligible difference in performance if you run an 8X card in a 4x slot.

However 1x/2x operate on 3.3V while 4x/8x use 1.5V, so they are not cross-compatible and there is even some risk of damage to your card or the motherboard if you try to use a 1.5V card on a 3.3V slot. A 1.5V (4x/8x) card has an extra notch at the connecting edge, i.e., 3 notches as against 2 notches on 1x/2x cards.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
You can even get ATI Radeon 9200.It is a decent card.Although it doesnt support DX9,it is pretty decent.

Sourabh

Laptoping
heck

the card is very well within the 3k budget

more than that u gotta be kiddin

the digit prices given in the reviews are like f*ck seriously

more than 3-4k u can better get a decent card instead of wasting 4k for such a card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom