Changing IST from +5.30 to +6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Read this in our local newspaper.
It says that a group of scientists[Dr. Dilip Ahuja & Dr. P Sengupta] have suggested that if the std time of India is advanced by 30 minutes, then India could save about a thousand crore Rs of electricity.
Advancing the time will cause the day to start early and to end early.
They have suggests that IST should be set at the Asam-Bengal[90degress North] border, which will make the Std times of India and Bangladesh same. And this advane in time will cause most of the work to be completed in daylight and hence, save electricity and reduce the number of accidents and crimes. It will also make IST an integral multiple of the GMT like 95% of the countries.
But it will also have demerits for school going children in winter[when days are short] and especially the BPOs might rebel against the change.
But at the end of the day it seems a fair deal to me...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
change IST or not, still my contribution in electricity bill will be same :)).

b4 PC it was an avg of Rs.800-900, but now the avg. is Rs.1300 :p

btw i didnt understand the concept.

if i use my PC daily from 9am to 2am in current IST, wud'nt i do the same in GMT+6 IST???

:p

WTB has accidents to do with IST/GMT??? :confused: , most of accidents happen on Weekend NIGHTs [drunk & driving],( especially Month ends.)

[WTB- What the Buck -(youtube channel) :))]

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
change IST or not, still my contribution in electricity bill will be same :)).

b4 PC it was an avg of Rs.800-900, but now the avg. is Rs.1300 :p

btw i didnt understand the concept.

if i use my PC daily from 9am to 2am in current IST, wud'nt i do the same in GMT+6 IST???
Its not about us. Its about the people at the offices or working elsewhere where lights are required. And its mostly about saving through the lights.
:p
s18000rpm said:
WTB has accidents to do with IST/GMT??? :confused: , most of accidents happen on Weekend NIGHTs [drunk & driving],( especially Month ends.)
Soneone could fall in a ditch in the dark you know....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom