Cellphone/USB under 20K

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoy

Journeyman
Hi,

Is there any cellphone which can be used as a USB too with around 512 or 1 GB capacity?

I also need good sound quality and all other regular features.

Nokia is preferable coz of Symbian,but open to other as well.

adit_sen

In the zone
good option for you would be to go for the sony ericsson k750i, whose memory is expandable to 2GB. and its a really nice phone too.

peace...
aditya

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if audio is a parameter to be considered then k750i is the most optimal phone for the task u need it for! don't bother about symbian! it can be used as usb key and the sound quality is excellant!

PinKLip

Broken In
There is one I know from LG
model G1800
*www.gsmarena.com/lg_g1800-942.php
It can be used as USB drive But not to the level of your required, only 64MB
But a very good MP3 phone
Price is arround 5k
I have used this phone

U can have a look yourself

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
infra_red_dude said:
if audio is a parameter to be considered then k750i is the most optimal phone for the task u need it for! don't bother about symbian! it can be used as usb key and the sound quality is excellant!

How is the USB data transfer speed (with 1 GB memory). I think I can go with this phone. My Nokia 6600 is damn slow after I added 512 MB memory card. Any k750i user ?

Isnt there any model available in Nokia which supports USB data transfer? (Since a lot of softwares are available for Symbian)

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
I just googled for a Nokia phone with USB support. Nokia 3230 supports it *europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,65363,00.html

Just wanted to confirm whether it can really be used as a USB Drive, or will I need to install Nokia software to do the file transfer (I really dont want to install any software to do the file trasnfer). I need a real USB drive functioning without need to install any software.

moshel

Padawan
see if u go for phone like 3230 then in that u will have to buy a memory card, then in that case why dont u buy a card reader together with it to transfer the files. u can then install a software like FExplorer to browse files in ur phone just like u do on a comp.

aadipa

Padawan
I have W800i, same as K750i. It can be used as USB disk but for that you need to install phone drivers.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Thanks you all. But I really dont want to install a software such as "Phone Driver" or use additional hardware "Card Reader" to do the file transfer. Seems like no such cell is available as of now.

Thanx everybody for posting.

prasad_den

Padawan
enjoy said:
Thanks you all. But I really dont want to install a software such as "Phone Driver" or use additional hardware "Card Reader" to do the file transfer. Seems like no such cell is available as of now.

Thanx everybody for posting.
Actually, there is... Moto E398 is what I use, costs around 9K (way below ur budget).. But its mini SD card can be used for carrying around our own files..Comes with bundled USB cord, and it's recognised by Win XP as soon as you plug it in as a new memory drive..The conn. type has to be changed to memory card in your settings..

But, with the budget you have, you can happily go for a better mobile and use card reader or any other option.. Check the moto ones too...

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
prasad_den said:
Actually, there is... Moto E398 is what I use, costs around 9K (way below ur budget).. But its mini SD card can be used for carrying around our own files..Comes with bundled USB cord, and it's recognised by Win XP as soon as you plug it in as a new memory drive..The conn. type has to be changed to memory card in your settings..

"Memory Drive" ?? It comes with cell phone ?? Will I need to carry it along ??

Anyways, Any Idea about cost of this phone by Samsung. I guess it might be way over my budget. Still worth a look with its 8 GB disk.
*www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_6808.html

Last edited by a moderator:

prasad_den

Padawan
enjoy said:
"Memory Drive" ?? It comes with cell phone ?? Will I need to carry it along ??
I meant that the phone's memory card gets identified as a separate drive. Like if you have drives A to E in your sys, it is identified as drive F. You have to double click the drive, and all your files in the card are displayed. Just the same way a pen drive works.. Now if you are not a music geek, who would carry songs on the card, you can use the entire 512MB for your file storage..

This is a screenshot of my drives, after I connected my mobile.. The TRANS 64 (J) is the card of my mobile.. Hope its clear now..

*img240.imageshack.us/img240/5779/transcopy4pu.th.jpg

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
That I understand. I do use Pen Drives. Just wanted to confirm again, I can simply plug the cellphone in USB port (or via a normal USB cable) and it will get detected as a drive. Right... Then I think it can be suitable phone for me. Whats the cost of additional 512 MB card.

prasad_den

Padawan
enjoy said:
That I understand. I do use Pen Drives. Just wanted to confirm again, I can simply plug the cellphone in USB port (or via a normal USB cable) and it will get detected as a drive. Right... Then I think it can be suitable phone for me. Whats the cost of additional 512 MB card.
Ya.. you're right.. The 512MB transflash (miniSD) card costs about 1500 bucks.. But again, think wisely and go for the Moto E398.. Its a good phone, sound is awesome, but its OS is slow.. Lags behind while typing messages, etc.. Comes packed with the USB cord and headsets, is BT enabled.. Mobile monster section has a review on it, also read the review in other sites, and decide finally.. Decision is completely yours.. I'm saying this coz you have a good budget..

S

saiaspire

GO for SE W800i or W810i, these phones are great! Visit these sites for more info:
W800i: *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w800-1089.php
W810i: *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w810-1402.php

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
saiaspire said:
GO for SE W800i or W810i, these phones are great! Visit these sites for more info:
W800i: *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w800-1089.php
W810i: *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w810-1402.php

My Requirement is of a Cell phone which I can use as a normal Pen Drive with no additional hardware or software installation required. Just a simple USB Drive as the regular ones. Does SE W8x0i fulfills it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom