CD Burning problems in Linux. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
System Config
P IV 1.5 GHz, 128 MB RAM, PCQ Linux 2004 (based on Fedora Core 1), Samsung DVD-ROM, Plextor 16x10x40 CD-RW drive

Problem
I am unable to burn a data CD using K3b (ver 0.10.3), it generates an error and ejects the blank CD-R

Error Generated :(
- Starting DAO writing at 16x speed
- mkisofs returned an unknown error code (code 11)
- Resource temporarily unavailable
- Please send me an email with the latest output
- Error while creating iso image
- Unlocking drive
- Ejecting CD

Miscellaneous information
- Data source is a mounted Win98 partition.
- I tried this as root as well as user and it generated the same error on both the occassion
- I've successfully copied a CD earlier, but this time I am trying to take data backup

Please help me burn a data CD. In my opinion, writing from a mounted Win98 partition is the cause of problem. But I am newbie and therfore cannot rely too much on my own opinion. Thank you.

devianthulk

Broken In
Why dont u try out X-CDROAST ???
Are u obsessed with K3b??? :) (Just kidding.... i'm a linux newbie myself. )

Why K3b??

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
K3B because that is the one available with PCQ Linux 2004 which I have installed. No obsession with any software :). As long as it does my work, I don't mind any software.

From where do I get X-CDROAST?

rakee

Journeyman
I write cds in Linux using Gnome roaster beta.Until now i had no problems.
But Xroaster has less features.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
tuxfan said:
In my opinion, writing from a mounted Win98 partition is the cause of problem.
Writing from a FAT partition shouldn't be a problem if it is mounted as read-write. According to the debug message, mkisofs is giving error. This means, there's nothing wrong with cdwriter or disk.

K3B is just a front end to the two command line utilities called mkisofs which creates a temporary ISO image to data you are trying to burn and cdrecord which actually burns off data onto cd.

Since you are trying to take backup of data, let me know if you have enough free disk space... that might help..., otherwise post the output of # df command.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have lots of free space - on Win98 partitions as well as the linux partitions. I am trying to write about 650 MB of data and far more space (a few GB) is there.

Well, I am not sure whether the partitions are mounted as read-write or only read. They are automatically mounted. But I think it is read-write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom