Catalyst 11.4 released - fixes 99% bug on HD 5800 cards

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Mouse lag fix might come in a week or two.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^any performance improvement in games???
yup, obviously. But not for you, I guess.

AMD said:
Performance Enhancements
A number of performance enhancements are seen with the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:

Call of Duty Black Ops – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations.
Battleforge – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Batman Arkham Asylum – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Aliens vs. Predator – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Civilization 5 – gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Far Cry 2 – gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Just Cause 2 – gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Lost Planet 2 – gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations.

AMD Catalyst 11.4 Release Notes

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Downloaded it this morning before coming to office. Will give it a try in the evening. Will run AvP & LP2 benchmark to see if there are any improvements.

rchi84

In the zone
I've been running the preview version for the last two weeks and I was impressed with the smoothness it brought to performance. One of the better catalyst releases easily. 11.3 was avoidable, but 11.4 is a must have.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got 3% improvement in AvP benchmark sans AA, 6-7% improvement with 4xAA. Lost Planet 2 Scene B gives 6-7% improvement without AA but in absolute terms thats an increase of 2 fps. I really don't know how this compare with the actual game. These are just benchmarks.

PS: All things run at Full HD res and max image settings. Driver settings set at default.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a standalone benchmark tool just like LP2. Here's the link:-

Aliens vs. Predator DirectX 11 Benchmark Tool download from Guru3D.com

Top Bottom