s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
post all things (news, doubts....) related to cars here

informative websites
Design Tutorials [link]

www.carbodydesign.com

News:
new BMW 7 revealed , to be launched by Nov 08

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/5756/bmw7series4lgcn2.th.jpg*img152.imageshack.us/img152/3406/bmw7series8lgtc1.th.jpg

Technical Features

The double-wishbone front suspension allows to fine-tune the suspension for the best kinematic configuration, while the rear suspension consists of a five-link arrangement made of aluminium which can be further optimised with the inclusion of Adaptive Air Suspension.

Brake Energy Regeneration uses the engine’s power on overrun, such as braking, to charge the battery for the car’s electrical circuit.

When the driver is accelerating the alternator disengages so all of the engine’s power is channelled towards the car’s performance.

In addition to Park Distance Control, the Side View camera system can show an overview of traffic conditions on the iDrive display. This allows the driver to negotiate a partially obscured junction, leave a car park or drive through a narrow gate with absolute confidence.

The Night Vision system includes a pedestrian recognition system: a control unit analyses video data of human behaviour as part of the Night Vision camera’s reach and can subsequently alert the driver if it detects a human is moving into the path of the vehicle.

Among the additional electronic suystems are the Lane Change Warning combined with Lane Departure Warning, optional Head-up Display and the speed-related Integral Active Steering, which allows the rear wheels to turn by up to 3º. At slow speeds it is highly manoeuvrable, while at a faster pace it offers enhanced composure and driving dynamics.

The BMW 7 Series comes as standard with Dynamic Stability Control + featuring additional functions such as Hill-Start Assistant, Brake Drying, Brake Pre-tensioning, Soft-stop and Brake Fade Compensation. Dynamic Traction Control can be activated via a button to enable sporty driving or greater traction on slippery surfaces such as snow and ice.
*www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/07/07-bmw-7-series/

thank god they didnt go with the bangle's controversial design theme:|
this design is nice, diplomatic look.
lots of design cues from their concept car, like the grille.

---------------------------------------

Ferrari Formula Uomo
The Formula Uomo Programme

“With the addition of these two new buildings,” stressed the President, “we have completed the renovation of the entire Car Production Area that began in the late 1990s, and has involved the investment of over 200 million euro. Next year we will be going one step further when we begin work on the new GES facility.”

Great emphasis has been placed on safety in the work place, environmental awareness and energy saving throughout the project also.

With regard to environmental protection and energy saving, Ferrari CEO Amedeo Felisa introduced the two latest projects embarked upon: a photovoltaic system and a trigeneration plant.

“These new energy generations plants,” said Amedeo Felisa, “will allow us to cut the amount of electricity we take from the national grid by 25% and to reduce our CO2 emissions by 35%. "

Ferrari has presented the latest phase of its Formula Uomo programme, which saw the renovation of its facilities with over 200 million euro invested in new architectural projects since 1997.

The Formula Uomo programme is divided into several different sections: working environment, layout of the Ferrari ‘village’, focus on safety, environmental awareness and energy saving, and employee and family services.

The new buildings
=>The new Car Assembly Lines
=>Ferrari Restaurant
The Ferrari Restaurant is located at the very heart of the Ferrari “village.

*img386.imageshack.us/img386/1405/ferrariformulauomo17lghy8.th.jpg*img386.imageshack.us/img386/7150/ferrariformulauomo12lgkg5.th.jpg
more

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm sick for the past 3days, bloody cold:x, then doing some bmw search lead me to new 7 series :D

anyways, i'll post a mini 'passanger' review on toyota innova , mahindra scorpio & maruti esteem

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^^^^
It's "passenger" s18k...
And.. some news on the latest diesel cars comin up.. mayb.... i'm plannin of buying one :D

Best of luck with da cold.. as they say.... 7 days without medicine... 1 week if u take some :D

praka123

left this forum longback
Is there available atleast One Fuel cell powered vehicle in India?

oh!we can ask car related doubts? my problem is ,I drove a good old maruti 800std .I am heavy in the range of 104 to 107kg fluctuating like a electric bulb powered by KSEB(kerala).

Now ,coming to the problem ,I find m800's seat too small for me to fit in.I want to have a chair with plastic cushioning rather.Is it possible?

But ,I have seen few indica's having this plane chair no push backs while I was in koyambattooor .

For those who ,dont get any idea what I am talking - go to a state/private BUS's driver seat. that is what is that is :D

eagerly waiting for replies from experts ..............

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
no fuel cell cars for india.

but mahindra is wrkin on hybrid scorpio & bolero
expect those in 2010

about the seats, try indica, if you like its seat, get it fitted onto m800, ofcourse some modificatio/welding....will be needed:p

those state bus drvr seats are p.i.t.a:D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
BMW M1 Procar revival at Hockenheim.
Past masters roll back the years.
Munich, 30th June 2008. The F1 German Grand Prix programme this year will see the revival of the most spectacular single-make competition in motor racing history. The BMW M1 Procar series will be back at Hockenheim on 19th and 20th July as a field of ten cars.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen, for one, is looking forward to the event: “The M1 was unveiled 30 years ago as the first car created independently by the then BMW Motorsport GmbH. It was a racing car which BMW customers could also drive on the road, a unique project which had to overcome some tricky administrative hurdles before getting off the ground.” In order to gain Group 4 homologation, 400 units of the super sports car had to be built within a period of 24 months. As Theissen continues: “The idea of organising a single-make series was born out of necessity – i.e. the requirements of homologation. Nobody expected the BMW M1 Procar series to go down quite so well. Just a mention of it today still triggers an enthusiastic reaction. This revival serves as a ‘thank you’ to the fans.”

“There hasn’t been a series as attractive as this before or since,” says Marc Surer. Now working as a Formula One expert on TV, Surer is well placed to judge. As a young Formula 2 driver, he conducted testing and set-up work for the prototypes at the time. “With its mid-engined layout, the M1 was a bit of an animal to drive and had an outrageous soundtrack. The series fed off the appeal of the cars and the opportunity for young drivers to measure themselves against the leading Formula One stars at the time.”

The five fastest drivers from Friday practice for the Formula One Grand Prix earned themselves a drive in the M1 race. The 15 remaining 500 hp machines were piloted by hungry young hopefuls. “You were really somebody if you got to drive in one of those races,” recalls Surer. “It was a unique opportunity to pit your skills against the F1 drivers – and they were certainly pretty quick in the M1. The handling of the mid-engined car suited them down to the ground. Plus, in 1979 – the first of the two years the series was held – they always started from the front and were given works cars. That made it pretty tough for us junior drivers in the independent teams. We had to look after our car, but at the same time did everything we could to make our mark.”

The idea of developing the BMW M1, however, was the brainchild of Jochen Neerpasch, the head of BMW Motorsport GmbH at the time, and it was he who initiated the single-make series with Bernie Ecclestone and Max Mosley within the relatively relaxed structure of F1 three decades ago.

A handful of past masters are set to line up once again for the two show races at Hockenheim. Surer will be joined by Jacques Laffite, Dieter Quester, Christian Danner, Harald Grohs and Prince Leopold of Bavaria. Jochen Neerpasch will also be there, at the wheel of the BMW M1 turned into an Art Car by Andy Warhol. His co-driver will be none other than Frank Stella, who also created an Art Car – a BMW 3.0 CSL which raced at Le Mans in 1976. The 72-year-old remains a keen motor racing fan.
*www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=35245

*img155.imageshack.us/img155/5535/bmwm1hommageconceptimagex8.th.jpg*img155.imageshack.us/img155/4766/bmwm1hommageconceptimagqu8.th.jpg
*img155.imageshack.us/img155/7254/bmwm1hommageconceptimagnh5.th.jpg*img155.imageshack.us/img155/8923/bmwm1hommageconceptimaguj1.th.jpg*img155.imageshack.us/img155/8130/bmwm1hommageconceptimagds3.th.jpg

more pics - *www.egmcartech.com/2008/04/28/bmw-m1-hommage-concept-taking-inspiration-from-tradition/

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/5191/dsc06751vz0.th.jpg *img185.imageshack.us/img185/3614/dsc06750ls9.th.jpg
*img509.imageshack.us/img509/1390/dsc06749ca9.th.jpg *img181.imageshack.us/img181/9112/dsc06747uu1.th.jpg

from - Top Gear magazine:D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Lamborghini Estoque concept
*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/paris_lambo2.jpg*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/paris_lambo3.jpg*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/paris_lambo4.jpgFree Image Host
Now to our 'cover' car. This was the talk of the show on Thursday. Lamborghini have produced a 4 door before in the form of the LM002 off roader and the beauty Portofino Concept car in the 80s. The Estoque is a strange looking car. The front is hevily influenced by the Reventon and the recently refreshed Gallardo, while the middle section has elements of the 70's Espada. The wide rear fenders are very unusual and extreme. A busy design.

Its strange that this niche of fast sporty sedans like the Estoque, the forthcoming Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide is in a growth period during this credit crunch. No doubt the effects of this will determine if this car really does see the light of day.

The concept is powered by a front engined V10 from the Gallardo. Production is rumoured for 2010.

Porsche Panamera's contender :))

Source : Paris Motor Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom