Canvas 4 ??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
FYI the contact suggestion in dial-pad can be easily obtained by installing any dialer app. I'm using Ex-Dialer on my phone and it's way better than any custom dialers provided by OEMs.
yea I know that's possible, but what if one wants to use the stock dialer? I like the stock dialer and lack of contact suggestion was disappointing. I'm using Paranoidandroid now and thankfully it offers contact suggestion within the stock dialer.
Camera -> Camera is good enough, if not that great. But then you can't expect excellent photographs with a mobile camera. People so much keen on photography would buy a dedicated camera.
I never said the camera was bad (even though its not great), I said the lack of options in the camera, like self-timer etc

Accessories -> There are a hell lot of accessories for Nexus 4. Just google for it. I bought a scratch-guard and case for my Nexus 4 online from Flipkart and ebay. They are easily available.
I know there are loads of accessories available, I've got the bumper and headset from the playstore. I meant lack of accessories in-box with the phone, all you get is a SIM ejector pin :p

No expandable memory -> Agree with this point. But for me 16GB (or 12GB internal usable memory to be precise) is sufficient.

Battery life -> I've been using 3G from 1 year, and I'm getting the best battery life on N4. I'm connected to 3G 24x7. I'm getting approximately 1 to 1.5 day on 3G on moderate use. 2100 mAH battery is sufficient for normal use IMO.
hmm I think this really depends on usage, I get around 2hrs 30 mins screen on time when outside, and around 3hrs 45mins when inside (all time 3G),
Custom ROms and kernel -> Agree with you on this. Hell lot of customization possible.

This phone will always get the updates first since it runs AOSP. With Xperia SP, the future updates are unpredictable.
yep that's true, but I don't think OP cares a lot about latest updates n all
N4 offers a lot more than Xperia SP.
N4 is good in its own terms, that doesn't make it better or worse than the Xperia SP...

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
Chill out Guys....
there is competition in whole world..... we cannot get everything in one only.... that is why there are so many verities...
and we have to decide it.... it depend on our requirement....
each phone has its own specialty and its depend on your reviews.....

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
^25k go for S3 you will able to find it around 25-26k locally.
as you want for watching movies and net surfing it is perfect 4.8 inch super Amoled HD LCD screen quad core exynos CPU your good to go :wink:

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
^25k go for S3 you will able to find it around 25-26k locally.
as you want for watching movies and net surfing it is perfect 4.8 inch super Amoled HD LCD screen quad core exynos CPU your good to go :wink:

yes I am extending my budget Lil bit and planning to take sony xperia zr otherwise my last decision will be s3 only

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
yes I am extending my budget Lil bit and planning to take sony xperia zr otherwise my last decision will be s3 only

Yes, I think S3 would be a better choice compared to Xperia ZR (you'll save some money too). And S3 is quite a good performer although it was released last year, and since S3 is one of Samsung's flagship products, updates and custom ROMs shouldn't be much of a problem.

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
Yes, I think S3 would be a better choice compared to Xperia ZR (you'll save some money too). And S3 is quite a good performer although it was released last year, and since S3 is one of Samsung's flagship products, updates and custom ROMs shouldn't be much of a problem.

ok then Thank you all of you guys I will go For Samsung Galaxy s3
really appreciated all of your support :D

Regards
vrk

S3 has better software, will definitely get official updates faster & has better custom ROM support......... Also AMOLED can be considered as an advantage

ZR has better CPU+GPU, 2GB RAM & is water proof. It will eventually get custom ROM support. Also it has LTE support(don't know if Sony released a different version for India)

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
S3 has better software, will definitely get official updates faster & has better custom ROM support......... Also AMOLED can be considered as an advantage
Yup. True. Between S3 and N4, I preferred N4, and the OP chose S3. Each is good in ts own way, and both are good devices.

ZR has better CPU+GPU, 2GB RAM & is water proof. It will eventually get custom ROM support. Also it has LTE support(don't know if Sony released a different version for India)
Yes, I had missed the RAM part for ZR. Personally I don't consider LTE as a "Must Have" requirement in India. By the time we get good LTE coverage in India, we would have got ourselves another new model.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
can you please tell me why do you prefer n4 ??
For its looks, quick Android updates, option of customization via stock ROM and development at home, better CPU, more RAM, cheaper than S3.

Each is good in its own way. So decide what is important for you and take a call.

A serious Nexus 4 hater here !!! No offence.......... every one has their own choice, own likings, etc.......

First I'll take the 12.9GB available memory issue. Its not a disadvantage for me. I've a laptop with 1TB HDD, so I use it for storage purposes. Moreover I don't keep movies in my mobile after getting my laptop. I just use my smartphone for its apps, browsing web, watching videos(sometimes, that are stored in my mobile), clicking pics, messaging(traditional, WhatsApp & FB) & calling.

Second, the battery issue. Acc. to GSMArena, S2 has endurance rating of 40h compared to 32h of Nexus 4. I want to say that the battery drain in Nexus while the phone is idle is very low(overnight, 8hr, my S2 loses almost 6-8% whereas my Nexus loses just 1-2%). I know low screen on time is a issue but it can easily last a day for me & most of the normal people(who are not geeks). Moving from S2 to Nexus, I'm just missing the AMOLED display & some Samsung's proprietary features(UI & Smart stay, the most). But I can't afford S4 & S3 is just a year old phone now(still a good phone for non-geeks)

I am not a Nexus hater, in fact i am Nexus lover though i never bought one (Since Nexus s) The fact that LG deliberately made it worse than their Optimus G irritates me, a lot. I criticised Nexus 4 in such a way because i have noticed that people usually show bias towards a product their own, often hiding its demerits,drawbacks and limitations to show their loyalty to their brand. The S2 has a weak battery by today's standards.And you compared a weak battery phone with Nexus 4 where the reference phone is still superior.
You say the battery is good enough for you. The same can be said by my Dad who makes calls and nothing else. Any phone he owns will last him 2-3 days. But we Digit forum people are not like that.Having low battery has lots of affect on our usage. I bet Nexus 4 users never dared put high effect live wallpapers or Flipboard widget. So many good things of Android cant be enjoyed on nexus because of battery limitations and thats just not fair.

When i used Xperia SP, i had 5 panes packed with widgets,live active ones,regularly updating widgets. Widgets are prize babies of Android,something iFans and WinFans are jealous of...When u are deprived of these goodies, it means your device doesnt live up to its name.

When u justify your Nexus 4, you always add the word "for me". We are not you, the public is not you. What is adjustable to you is NOT adjustable to the world. Many people used Xperia U..and they suffered the limited internal memory. My friend in my college hostel used to come every few hours to copy videos in his Xperia U because he couldnt fit more than 1 movie in it at once. He never complained of his meager 4 Gb limit. He just accepted the fact that 1 movie a time was the way his life is supposed to be. He loved his phone to the end of this world. His phone was forever plugged to a charger due to the sad battery life, yet he loved his Xperia U.
Now taking that chap as a refernce, can we claim that the XPeria U has decent Internal memory and decent battery life??

There are competing phones out there, which dont have deal breakers. Xperia SP and Galaxy S3 has no "deal-breaking" issues. People say Xperia SP is heavy, thats very adjustable, they say Xperia SP screen doesnt respond well when lying on its back, again, an issue thats adjustable...as for Galaxy S3, people say it looks like Galaxy Grand and other 5" cheap phones from Micromax/iBall/Lava etc etc, but the looks grow on them and they adjust to it.Not an issue here again..

But when you adjust to a Nexus 4's bad battery life and limited memory, you are stepping down in your lifestyle,deprived urself of things which u deserved to have when u shelled out Rs25,000

I hope my point is clear..

Nexus 5 is gonna rock and i am sure it will be my next dream phone. Because i am sure LG will pack better battery and expandable storage this time.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
The Canvas 4 costs like 14-16k while the Nexus 4 costs 25k...so the Nexus 4 will obviously be better.
Canvas 4 is a Micromax. If you ever wanna buy cheap 3rd class commodity,dont spend more than Rs10,000 on it.

By the way, to all the Nexus 4 fans, why dont you mention its pathetic battery life? If you want to make an honest,unbiased comment please do mention its Achilles heel too.
The bad battery is one of the several things stopping Nexus 4 from world domination. The pathetic 12GB user accesible space is also a deal breaker, but the battery is the main problem. Cmon 12 GB ?? thats friggin tiny man. U wont dare take 1080videos with such memory limitation!! Every top dick and harry nowadays are using 32 GB SD card....and here Nexus stuck with 12 GB :(

My old Galaxy Ace,with 1300Mah battery,the famous bad-battery performer from Samsung, lasts longer than the Nexus 4 in video playback,web browsing and talktime tests :0
On a normal day ,starting from my 8:45AM class,the Galaxy Ace lasted till 2-3 pm afternoon before 15% battery warning popped up. no calling, just little FB-ing,WhatsApp inside classroom and occasional playing online game over 2G maximum 30 mins.....thats all..

It used to piss me off a lot. I hated that phone for it... If i was a Nexus 4 user, surely... i would have contemplated suicide ! :mad:

Why not recommend the Xperia SP ? its closely matched in terms of performance,aside from the 1 GB RAM. It can manage 7 and half hour of video playback while the Nexus 4 starts to struggle after 4 hours approx(says GSMarena). Xperia SP is basically the same phone with twice the lasting power,it has expandable storage,better camera(every Rs20k+ android has a better camera than nexus 4).
I am a MMORPG phone gamer,always online, so the Xperia SP was the ideal companion for me thanks to its awesome battery and Sony's superior battery management.

In case u all think i am Sony biased, jst wanna say i already lost my Xperia SP so i swear no allegiance to Sony :D :D This forum has only 4 Xperia SP owners compared to hordes of Nexus 4 users (its 1 year old phone after all vs 3 month old phone) so you will have very few people recommending the Xperia SP.

BTW Xperia SP is approx Rs 22,000 to 23,000 now, check indian online shops

Well well well.... I just calmly read all ir comment. Well for a student battery life is most imp. Agreed. But not for all. For casual user or ppl who goes to office it will last for a day easily. If u are so concern abt battery then why dont u get moto razr maxxxx. No ******g phone can beat its battery lasting power.
People who bought nexus they are mostly after rooting and roms and kernals. For some its quicker updates.
Now to the point of 12 gig storage. Not everyone watches 1080 p movies on phone as its total waste. For that resolution a 32 inch led is a must minimum. For storing data like movies that u will not gonna watch so much on a phone there is a machine called pc or laptop. 12 gig is enough for 80% of the people. So chill. :cool:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

Before going for s3 note this - multitasking sucks on it. Check my sigi I have used it for more than 5 months. Also looks are cheap no premium feel.... U will statt to hate it aftrr se time. Touch wize and jellybean always suck 700-750 ram out of it... So will suck at multitasking. U hate N4 no issues but then go for ZR. Thousand times better than s3. Think and then buy. :)

Before going for s3 note this - multitasking sucks on it. Check my sigi I have used it for more than 5 months. Also looks are cheap no premium feel.... U will statt to hate it aftrr se time. Touch wize and jellybean always suck 700-750 ram out of it... So will suck at multitasking. U hate N4 no issues but then go for ZR. Thousand times better than s3. Think and then buy. :)

For OP, Nexus 4 is not suited. ZR is great but now not in his budget.
S3 is the best phone for 25k(after N4)......... For a normal user, its enough..........good battery life, camera & screen. I don't think he would go for too much multitasking

BTW OP doesn't hate N4, but he needs a phone with better screen on time (S3 has better screen on time than SP also)

I would have bought S3 if it had 2GB RAM(but thats not gonna happen at that price by Samsung)

_______________________________________________(OP don't read this)___________

If u think Samsung's build quality is cheap(its not that cheap....good plastic, many people dislike S4 because HTC One has metal body, also Nexus 4 has glass back which is weaker than plastic of samsung)........... then I would say that Sony's UI sucks when compared to Samsung, LG & HTC(Sense 5 only) (arranged in my priority wise)

Note: Each person has their own likings

Last edited:
Motorola Razr Maxx is terribly expensive, old,outdated,bulky,lacks availability and Motorola is officially out of India.

Not everyone needs a mammoth battery (RAZR MAXX), but everyone EXPECTS a DECENT battery for a Rs25000 Phone, a battery life thats on par or superior to most phones in the market, and Nexus 4 is among the bottom of the goo pile when it comes to battery. Statistics and Data proves it... So please please stop defending its battery power....If it suffices for you it wont necessarily suffice for the majority of the people...When i Rs25000 Google flagship dies faster than Galaxy Ace (which is a bad battery phone) , it a bit embarrassing. It has a dissapointing battery, JUST admit it ,please.

"12 gig is enough for 80% of the people."--disagree, more like 50% people,a closer value i must say. In a day and age when we wanna play Real Soccer , Real Racing 3, Nfs MW..12 Gb is less. Whats the point of having a high end Quad core phone when you dont wanna stuff it with HD games and HD movies?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Motorola Razr Maxx is terribly expensive, old,outdated,bulky,lacks availability and Motorola is officially out of India.

Not everyone needs a mammoth battery (RAZR MAXX), but everyone EXPECTS a DECENT battery for a Rs25000 Phone, a battery life thats on par or superior to most phones in the market, and Nexus 4 is among the bottom of the goo pile when it comes to battery. Statistics and Data proves it... So please please stop defending its battery power....If it suffices for you it wont necessarily suffice for the majority of the people...When i Rs25000 Google flagship dies faster than Galaxy Ace (which is a bad battery phone) , it a bit embarrassing. It has a dissapointing battery, JUST admit it ,please.

"12 gig is enough for 80% of the people."--disagree, more like 50% people,a closer value i must say. In a day and age when we wanna play Real Soccer , Real Racing 3, Nfs MW..12 Gb is less. Whats the point of having a high end Quad core phone when you dont wanna stuff it with HD games and HD movies?

U are comparing galaxy ace battery wid n4. Silly. U r comparing a HD display with crap. 4.7 inch HD will sure consume more battery.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Just adding here, not sure if anyone ever noticed but LG phones (nexus 4 here) have always bad camera , it is somewhere between good branded phone and the cheap Chinese rebranded like MMX and Karbonn.
I was about to buy N4 as was out looking for 25K phone, tested, compared.. dropped idea.. rest is cool in N4. Camera is useless, specially if you have used some good samsung or sony phone cameras, you will be disgusted.

Top Bottom