Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
i own a genuine windows xp pro sp2, update was running fine before for me

from last week i am getting this error message

[Error number: 0x800A0046]
Please change your Internet Explorer security settings
To save changes to your settings for this website, you need to enable userdata persistence for Internet Explorer. Complete the steps below, and then click Change settings to the left and try saving your changes again.
In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab, click the Internet security zone icon, and then click Custom Level.
In the Settings dialog box, scroll to the Miscellaneous section.
Under Userdata persistence , select Enable.
Click OK and when the security warning dialog box appears, click Yes.

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x800A0046) yourself.

that thing is alreadly enabled
Cryprographic services, messenger service , backgrong intelligent transfer service, automatic update service are all running

i've disabled my av and firewall

still i get the same error

plz help

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
i've tried those solutions already before , but still i cant update

btw, i'd like to know whether windiz update is good ( i wanna use it temporarily)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Vyasram

u can go for Windiz update service... not a bad service... but keep the AVS on while updating as u never know what might come with it :p

and with IE settings.. just try to visit *update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx with 0 internet security... and dont forget to ad the update.microsoft.com as trusted site... see what happens then...

47shailesh

Security Exp
then it may be problem with ur registry keys they might be corupted,, run windows restore and restore ur system to some safe point, it might work.....

anandk

Distinguished Member
try something very basic/obvious, if u havnt.
clear ur cache. perhaps use ccleaner to clear all pc junk.
reboot and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom