can't remove crapware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I run Hijack this and everything looks fine I run ewido scan and I get these in the report "Name: Adware.Virtumonde
Path: [1928] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljkhhh.dll
Risk: Medium
Name: Adware.Virtumonde
Path: [1204] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljkhhh.dll
Risk: Medium " I then remove infections reboot and notice one is still there. I can not rename, or remove. when I try to kill the dll process my system locks up. try unregistering dll I get error "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljkhhh.dll was loaded, but the DllUnregisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered. " then it gives me OK optiuon.
any ideas?

slugger

Banned
you must tr using a good sw offering good malware protection

You may want 2 try out this
*info.prevx.com/downloadprevx2.asp

OP
L

Liggy

well I had it so I logged on to my Vista RC2 account deleted those DLL's went through registry deleted eveything I could that looked funny, . rebooted ran ewido scan again and found one item that looked like rest googled it, downloaded ComboFix. ran that tool (Makes a Beautiful log file) even found traces of Norton still (Its never ever gone).went through reg again. now all I am doing is waiting but so far lookin good!!!

anandk

Distinguished Member
else use Virtumonde Remover from *www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/virtumonde_remover.php

He28

Still learning...
Hi Liggy.

Did you try SmitfraudFix?
It is a wonderful Spyware and Adware removal tool. Please type -- *siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.zip in the address bar of your browser and press enter. This will download .zip file to your system. Then extract it and boot in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, run the file; SmitfraudFix. Then follow the steps on screen and reboot in Normal Mode. I tried this on atleast a dozen systems and it successfully removed all Malware.
If this doesn't help, let me know.

Enjoy.
:)

OP
L

Liggy

He28 said:
Hi Liggy.

Did you try SmitfraudFix?
It is a wonderful Spyware and Adware removal tool. Please type -- *siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.zip in the address bar of your browser and press enter. This will download .zip file to your system. Then extract it and boot in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, run the file; SmitfraudFix. Then follow the steps on screen and reboot in Normal Mode. I tried this on atleast a dozen systems and it successfully removed all Malware.
If this doesn't help, let me know.

Enjoy.
:)

Oh I tried it! one of the first progs I run if I can't remove it with a general scan. I tried ComboFix, which seems silliar, but had a more detailed log, which pointed me to the right direction, of manual removal.
But Like I say I do use it and Yes I Agree it is a good prog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom