cant forward a port

Status
Not open for further replies.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
hi, i have utorrent 1.8 and cant forward a port
i follow the steps from www.portforward.com but still cant
i always got this one --> Error! Port XXXXX does not appear to be open.
this happend from the past 2 - 3 days
Connection is Airtel BB with BX220 modem
fresh installation of windows dnt help either
OS is Windows XP SP 3

please help....

thanks

Anom

Broken In
Steps:
Go to 192.168.1.1/main.html
Go to Advanced and then NAT
Enter your Lan IP address (it should be 192.168.1.2)
Enter port, select TCP/UDP
Save
Restart Modem

Done ;)

I forgot to tell that it'll ask for your username and password. Enter "admin" in both. Or "admin" as username and "password" in the password box

Last edited:

paroh

Padawan
First do what the Anom said
If it works it's ok

otherwise do this

If u get green light at the bottom of the utorrent every think ok.
and if u test if port is forwarded properly with utorrent and if getting
Error! Port XXXX does not appear to be open. it means that 72.20.34.145 is blocked by some IP blocker application .

Note. If getting green light there is no need to do any think every think is fine.

Last edited:

dreamsalive

Broken In
Steps:
Go to 192.168.1.1/main.html
Go to Advanced and then NAT
Enter your Lan IP address (it should be 192.168.1.2)
Enter port, select TCP/UDP
Save
Restart Modem

Done ;)

mine same prob.:mad::(

after entering(in address bar "192.168.1.1/main.html" its askin for username and pass. and i've not applied any by guess i've tried the same as given by my internet service provider bt to no avail. what sud i do.??????

Renny

Padawan
Which firmwares do you have loaded? I also have the same modem and get good speeds,

I have uploaded firmwares 3.04 and 3.12, apply them and try(Do so at your own risk), FYI I'm using firmware 3.12,

*rapidshare.com/files/145481282/firmwares.rar.html

Also you can reset your modem by pushing in a small button behind the modem by using a small screwdriver(hold for some seconds until modem restarts),

Default username is admin and password is password .

Last edited:

paroh

Padawan
Which firmwares do you have loaded? I also have the same modem and get good speeds,

I have uploaded firmwares 3.04 and 3.12, apply them and try(Do so at your own risk), FYI I'm using firmware 3.12,

*rapidshare.com/files/145481282/firmwares.rar.html

Also you can reset your modem by pushing in a small button behind the modem by using a small screwdriver(hold for some seconds until modem restarts),

Default username is admin and password is password .

From where do u get the firmware?
Tell me how to extract the current firmware from the router?
There are two firmware T2H-0Q-001.img and T2Q-0Q-007_bcm96338R_2M_16M.img which is the latest one?

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
hi, i have utorrent 1.8 and cant forward a port
i follow the steps from www.portforward.com but still cant
i always got this one --> Error! Port XXXXX does not appear to be open.
this happend from the past 2 - 3 days
Connection is Airtel BB with BX220 modem
fresh installation of windows dnt help either
OS is Windows XP SP 3

since u want to download from torrents,

1> add the port number as 80 in your utorrent... {in the Preferences--> Connection--> listen to incoming connections }

2> then log into your router home page {192.168.1.1 } and then to advanced ---> port forwarding --> add a rule called web servers

Then in a matter of a minute your utorrent will show the green arrow thing { indicating everything is fine ;) }

PS :- this is what i do... my modem is some Huawei .. so some options may be a bit different in your router...but the funda of using port 80 for utorrent should work on all routers.

paroh

Padawan
Simple step for port forwarding.

1 Double click on the Local Area Conenction
2 Go to support details
3 Note Ip address(Exa. 192.168.1.2 and default gateway (Exa. 192.168.1.1)
3 Then open internet explorer or firefox type the default gateway address 192.168.1.1
4 type the user name and password of your router most of the cases the router user name and password is user name admin password admin.
5. Search for NAT option in it there is option of DMZ host type the ip address 192.168.1.2
6 and then save and reboot ur router.
7 ur are done with it.

Note by using DMZ option it will open all the port

If u want only a specific port to open u follow this method

1 Double click on the Local Area Conenction
2 Go to support details
3 Note Ip address(Exa. 192.168.1.2 and default gateway (Exa. 192.168.1.1)
3 Then open internet explorer or firefox type the default gateway address 192.168.1.1
4 type the user name and password of your router most of the cases the router user name and password is user name admin password admin.
5. Search for NAT option in it there is option of virtual server click add use custom name like portforward or any name u want set protocol to tcp/udp set th external port number like if ur application is using 5536 use this port number for bothexternal port and internal port like

External port 5536
Internal port 5536

and Internal server IP address: should be 192.168.1.2

U are done

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
mine same prob.:mad::(

after entering(in address bar "192.168.1.1/main.html" its askin for username and pass. and i've not applied any by guess i've tried the same as given by my internet service provider bt to no avail. what sud i do.??????

Well, i think this is for the MTNL+Triband connection, if so, the username is admin and paswrd is also admin (its default)

me too facing the same problem on mtnl triband. any solution for me guys
Wats ur router model buddy ?? i hv given a complete step of HOW TO port forward for a MTNL+TRIBAND connection (look in my siggy).. :)

paroh

Padawan
full steps here

*portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/SmartAX-MT882/eMule.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom