cant decide wat to buy....i'm upgrading again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
any1 else has any other opinions.
cuz i'll hafta do this quick,if i hafta change my new mobo & procy.else i was thinking of just changing the mobo and getting a 790GX/FX based mobo.

sudhanshu28

Right off the assembly line
Hi Please help me some info about a good motherboard from ASUS for E7200. As i know E7200 will cost around 5k, so motherboard should be in range of 3k, as i have to buy 2 GB DDR2, also and my total budget is 10K.

TIA!!!

imgame2

Padawan
Hi Please help me some info about a good motherboard from ASUS for E7200. As i know E7200 will cost around 5k, so motherboard should be in range of 3k, as i have to buy 2 GB DDR2, also and my total budget is 10K.

TIA!!!

get asus P5KPL-CM ..for 2.8k ..

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
ok guys thought of every possibility and here r my options:
Since i'm getting Nehalem by Jan so :
1>either i just chage my current mobo and get a 790GX/FX chipset based mobo.
2>return the procy and mobo combo and get a E7200/E8400 and a P45 chipset based mobo.
now if i go with the 2nd option i've bout 14.5k for the combo.now wat i cant decide is sud i get a E8400 (sud cost bout 8k) and a P45 chipset mobo in 6k or sud i get a E7200 for 5.5k and get a good p45 chipset mobo in 8-9k.i'll be ocing either procy.

and wat ever i do i need to do this by 2morrow.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
ok guys thought of every possibility and here r my options:
Since i'm getting Nehalem by Jan so :
1>either i just chage my current mobo and get a 790GX/FX chipset based mobo.
2>return the procy and mobo combo and get a E7200/E8400 and a P45 chipset based mobo.
now if i go with the 2nd option i've bout 14.5k for the combo.now wat i cant decide is sud i get a E8400 (sud cost bout 8k) and a P45 chipset mobo in 6k or sud i get a E7200 for 5.5k and get a good p45 chipset mobo in 8-9k.i'll be ocing either procy.

and wat ever i do i need to do this by 2morrow.

Go for E8400 and MSI 45 Neo-F

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ the only q i've bout the mobo is the pwm.i hav doubts that the mobo wud hav trouble with oc'ing.the best wud be if i can get a Biostar TPower i45.for 6k its 1 of the best P45 mobos around.

offtopic :
@ hellgate
I have read in ur previous signature that u had Glacial Star PSU for ur previous rig (8400 @ 4.05Ghz, 3 GB RAM, HD 4850 ...)
Is the PSU good enuf for that much heavy overclocking and 4850 ??? Coz i have the same PSU .....

i bought it for Rs 1050 .... wat bout u ? I bought it on the recommendation for the shopkeeper (SMC) .. never heard it before. I was sceptical at first ...but now i believe it was a smart choice. :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
MSI P45 is an average OCer. So if you want better OCing, Biostar and ASUS mobos will be better. Biostar i45 is around 6-6.2k and ASUS P5Q is 8.4k

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
what power PSU was that. If it is that good in such price I think too affordable

the Glacial Stars psu we r talking bout is a 500w psu.it did a pretty good job with my prev rig.
for the price its a very good psu.

now wat i'm planning is i'll get back my prev combo of E8400 + IP35-E and give my current combo to the guy i sold off my prev combo.
i think this sud be good rt?

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
So that would mean you only upgraded ur gfx card from your old rig....I would suggest a good p45 mobo for your e8400

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
So that would mean you only upgraded ur gfx card from your old rig....I would suggest a good p45 mobo for your e8400

yup as of now it seems somethink like that.
even i was thinking of getting a P45 mobo.
but i think i'll run the IP35-E for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom