can we convert a 2.1 to 4.1.suggestions needed.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Guys earlier I had 2 generic speakers but a month ago I got a 2.1 system.Now my query is is it possible in any way to utilize those two (earlier) speakers also so that I can make it a 4.1 speaker system.I have realtek onboard sound.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@quan chi, u can use them as 4.1...
Set quadraphonic speakers in your audio control panel, connect the 2.1 as front & 2.0 as rear.
Select full range/large speakers(name differs in each audio control panel) so that the 2.1 distinguishes the bass signals by itself...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Great innovative idea here. Seriously I've no idea about this config and thought that it is a bit more theoretical which can't be implemented practically. But no, I was wrong. :)

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
@quan chi, u can use them as 4.1...
Set quadraphonic speakers in your audio control panel, connect the 2.1 as front & 2.0 as rear.
Select full range/large speakers(name differs in each audio control panel) so that the 2.1 distinguishes the bass signals by itself...

Thanks for the reply friend but where should i put the other jack(of those two speakers).in line out?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
If it doesn't look like this, download your mobo manual from your mobo manufacturer website, it has the answer..

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
i did what you said to do in the windows sound control panel.after that i also changed the settings in the driver control panel

*img841.imageshack.us/img841/7139/20507376.jpg

(Please note the first option shown ticked in the image but even when it is unchecked it sheldom effects.)

Anyways when i tested the sound from the driver(pls refer the screenshot) it worked fine(bass was not functioning when the other two emitted sound).But when i play any video files i dont get any sound from the other two(test ones).

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Even with a 2 channel/stereo video clip it should work..

Did u check with a 5.1 encoded video clip?

Top Bottom