Can laptop hardware be upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

I hope the answer is not too obvious. But i really need to know. Can a laptops hardware be upgrade and which parts can be upgraded (like ram, hdd, graphics card, motherboard, etc.)?

rohanbee

Padawan
It is needlessly, insanely expensive. It's actually better to buy a new one. With laptops the parts are always very expensive. I had to go through that experience.........unfortunately........also sometimes they are hard to come by.....
Just out of curiousity how old is your laptop........

OP
K

krazyfrog

Its slightly less than a year old. Its a Compaq V2000 laptop. Its my sister's. It ok for office work (which is actually why it was bought) but when it comes to even moderate gaming, it starts hyper-ventilating. That's why i thought to upgrade few of its parts so that i could game a little on it. Still could someone shed some more light on this topic?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Yes. they are very very expensive. moreover, I dont' think there is any graphics card availalbe for this laptop. V2000 is not a gaming laptop. try to play games at low resolutions (640x480).

You can upgrade the RAM if it's less than a GB.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
In your case the only thing you can upgrade are RAM & HDD.

Buy a new one but Wait till company like HP, DELL come with a DX10 Laptop. :)

My cousin has a Compaq Laptop too (M2000), but the only game it plays without much Effort is Colin McRae 04 & the NFS games (till HP2 :( ). Once i tried playing GTA SA, the HDD & Processor start heating up so quickly.

When you game on your Lappy, Place it on a Table, if possible in a AC room & make sure the Air Vents have more access (no objects placed around the lappy)

shaunak

Tux Fan
You get 40-80Gb 2.5" drives from most hardware manufacturers. you can get a faster spinning drive but it wont help you one bit for gaming purposes.
You can upgrade you ram to the max capacity. This may enhance you machine's gaming performance. Other than that you cant do anything.
[actually you can: [play older games!, try playing a game called crusaders, its addicting:p ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom