Can I install MS office in 6 desktops in office 365 home ₹536 subscription ?

RageshAntony

In the zone
I want to subscribe to office 365 home

My doubt is , can I able to install in 6 desktops in office 365 subscription?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yup. Office 365 home subscription allows installing office upto 6 PCs.
Buy Microsoft Office 365 Home & Personal subscriptions

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow

Can I install 6 pc and 3 mobiles ?
Not sure about it,better confirm with MS customer care via online chat. Also why spend ~500 every month when you can get the 1 year subscription from amazon for 4500(during oct sale I got it for ~3200 after all the discounts).

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Not sure about it,better confirm with MS customer care via online chat. Also why spend ~500 every month when you can get the 1 year subscription from amazon for 4500(during oct sale I got it for ~3200 after all the discounts).

Yeah i asked them

Haiden: Hi, good afternoon. This is Haiden, may I have your name please?

You: Ragesh D

Haiden: Nice meeting you Ragesh, hope you’re doing good and how may I help you today?

You: I want to subscribe to office 365 home My doubt is , can I able to install in 6 desktops in office 365 subscription?

Haiden: I see, for the office 365 home, this is good for 6 persons including you, so each user can install the office on 5 total devices...by then you can install the office on 5 desktops.

You: Sorry a confusion

You: Can each user install a copy in Desktop and mobile ?

You: that is 6 desktops and 6 mobile phone ?

You: (or mobilr office is free )

Haiden: No Ragesh, it is not for 6 installation, basically it is good for 6 users, so then each user can install the office on 5 total devices, either laptop, ipad, desktop or mobile phone.

You: So if user A installed his copy in Desktop , he cannot install in Android mobile .

You: So if user B installed his copy in Mobile , he cannot install in Laptop .

You: Am I right?

Haiden: Okay, for example the user A have the office 365 home, then he can install the office on 5 devices either pc, laptop, ipad or mobile phone....

Haiden: Then other users can do the same

You: That means each user able to install in any one device type ?

Haiden: Yes, you're correct Ragesh. across on multiple devise any devices.

You: So to be simple , if a user, say User A, having a Mobile and a laptop , then he able to install either in Laptop or mobile , but cannot install in both devices

Haiden: He can Ragesh, as long as it is total of 5 devices, so if the user has mobile and laptop which means 2 installation, then the user have 3 available devices to install the office.

You: ooh , each user able to install in 5 devices .... that means 6 user ... totaling 6 x 5 = 30 devices

Haiden: Yes! that is correct! you got it right Ragesh

You: one last questions .. what are the devices you mean ?

Haiden: Okay, that means, laptop, pc, ipad, tablet or mobile phone.

You: ooh so user A able to install in his laptop and also in his desktop . (even though both are theoretically same)

Haiden: Yes, you're right!

You: But User A cannot install in 2 dektops ? . Am I right ?

Haiden: It can Ragesh! its basically combination of 5 devices, lets say install on 2 laptops and then 3 mobile phone, as long as it is 5 installation any devices

You: Ooh that's great

You: thanks haiden

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I liked the conversation OP did with the customer care. That was deep! XD

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah i asked them

Haiden: Hi, good afternoon. This is Haiden, may I have your name please?

You: Ragesh D

Haiden: Nice meeting you Ragesh, hope you’re doing good and how may I help you today?

You: I want to subscribe to office 365 home My doubt is , can I able to install in 6 desktops in office 365 subscription?

Haiden: I see, for the office 365 home, this is good for 6 persons including you, so each user can install the office on 5 total devices...by then you can install the office on 5 desktops.

You: Sorry a confusion

You: Can each user install a copy in Desktop and mobile ?

You: that is 6 desktops and 6 mobile phone ?

You: (or mobilr office is free )

Haiden: No Ragesh, it is not for 6 installation, basically it is good for 6 users, so then each user can install the office on 5 total devices, either laptop, ipad, desktop or mobile phone.

You: So if user A installed his copy in Desktop , he cannot install in Android mobile .

You: So if user B installed his copy in Mobile , he cannot install in Laptop .

You: Am I right?

Haiden: Okay, for example the user A have the office 365 home, then he can install the office on 5 devices either pc, laptop, ipad or mobile phone....

Haiden: Then other users can do the same

You: That means each user able to install in any one device type ?

Haiden: Yes, you're correct Ragesh. across on multiple devise any devices.

You: So to be simple , if a user, say User A, having a Mobile and a laptop , then he able to install either in Laptop or mobile , but cannot install in both devices

Haiden: He can Ragesh, as long as it is total of 5 devices, so if the user has mobile and laptop which means 2 installation, then the user have 3 available devices to install the office.

You: ooh , each user able to install in 5 devices .... that means 6 user ... totaling 6 x 5 = 30 devices

Haiden: Yes! that is correct! you got it right Ragesh

You: one last questions .. what are the devices you mean ?

Haiden: Okay, that means, laptop, pc, ipad, tablet or mobile phone.

You: ooh so user A able to install in his laptop and also in his desktop . (even though both are theoretically same)

Haiden: Yes, you're right!

You: But User A cannot install in 2 dektops ? . Am I right ?

Haiden: It can Ragesh! its basically combination of 5 devices, lets say install on 2 laptops and then 3 mobile phone, as long as it is 5 installation any devices

You: Ooh that's great

You: thanks haiden

Really nice. Reminded me of the conversation between CJ and Mahalik in Scary Movie 1 ( rat and Mice ) and 2 ( Zombies ). :D

Top Bottom