Can I get pc for 20k with following specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

pboy

Right off the assembly line
Hi ,I am Raj.I don't have great knowledge in pc hardware.
But I need pc with following specifications.

Processor : intel core 2 quad or equivalent.
mobo : Anything that supports above.
Ram : 4Gb
HDD : 1TB
PSU and Cabin.
I play games but not serious gamer , so i think on-board graphics is enough for me.
My budget is 20k and may be expecting too much in this budget.
Please someone give me proper guidance in buying a new pc.

static_x

In the zone

Processor : intel core 2 quad or equivalent. - Q8300 @7.1K
mobo : Anything that supports above. - Gigabyte G41ME-S2L
Ram : 4Gb - DDR3 Hynix/Dynet - 4.8K
HDD : 1TB - SG/WD - 3.8K
PSU and Cabin. - Any cheap one/Zebronics - 1.5K
TOTAL: 20200/=

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

PSU and Cabin.
I play games but not serious gamer , so i think on-board graphics is enough for me.

you can go with the config you choose (static X already provided pricing) however G41 worst when it comes to gaming. or go for these:

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 4.5k
Biostar TA890GXE @ 6.5k (graphics powered by 890GX with 128Mb inbuilt memory)
Transcend 2X2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.5k
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 3.5k
FSP Saga II 400 Watts @ 2k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k

total: 23.5k. street pricing should be a bit less. or go for Biostar TA785G3 HD (graphics based on 785G with 128Mb inbuilt memory) @ 4k. & total pricing will be at 21k.

ajai5777

Youngling

PSU and Cabin.

If you are not in to gaming and opting for IGP, you dont need 4gb ram now.
Your config is here

phenom II X4 925 @ 7k
Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.1k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333 @ 2.6k
Seagate 1TB HDD @ 4.2k
Gigabyte APFC 460W @2.2k

Total 21.6k This mobo got IGP HD 4200 with 128MB side port memory.More than enough for casual gaming.

You can cut it down by selecting Athlon II X4 630 @4.7k and going for 500GB HDD @ 2.1k

In that case you are getting a powerful rig @ 17.2k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I would suggest the ajai5777's config with slight changes:

Athlon II X4 630 @4.7k
Seagate 1TB HDD @ 4.2k
Gigabyte APFC 460W @2.2k
Radeon HD 4670 1GB DDR3 @ 4.2k

total 23.5. If you can't stretch your budget that much, you can take a cheaper motherboard & 500 GB HDD. Onboard GPU's are not good enough for today's games. Also, these days it is better to have a graphics card in the system as many applications utilize them and overall performance is improved. HD movies etc. run smoothly and you wouldn't find too much the lack of detail in games with this GPU. The PSU will be able to handle this card easily, I suggest you go for the GPU & you won't regret it.
As far as Intel is concerned, it's not possible in your budget. This system (if you buy the GPU) will be quite powerful.

ajai5777

Youngling

Athlon II X4 630 @4.7k
Seagate 1TB HDD @ 4.2k
Gigabyte APFC 460W @2.2k

total 23.5. If you can't stretch your budget that much, you can take a cheaper motherboard & 500 GB HDD. Onboard GPU's are not good enough for today's games. Also, these days it is better to have a graphics card in the system as many applications utilize them and overall performance is improved. HD movies etc. run smoothly and you wouldn't find too much the lack of detail in games with this GPU. The PSU will be able to handle this card easily, I suggest you go for the GPU & you won't regret it.
As far as Intel is concerned, it's not possible in your budget. This system (if you buy the GPU) will be quite powerful.

He dont need a Graphics card.Casual gaming and HD movies can be easily handled by IGP HD 4200 with 128MB side port memory.

It can run Full HD movies with ease.

rkneo11

Broken In
I'd suggest stretch your budget a bit and get a Core i3 based system with DDR3 RAM as in future DDR2 is going to get expensive and your future upgrade options will be wider...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'd suggest stretch your budget a bit and get a Core i3 based system with DDR3 RAM as in future DDR2 is going to get expensive and your future upgrade options will be wider...

core i3 sucks. stay away from it. cost like hell & delivers nothing. & when next year new processors no more support the H55/H57 motherboard, Core i3 fans will be first & last to regret.

Athlon II X4 630 @4.7k
Seagate 1TB HDD @ 4.2k
Gigabyte APFC 460W @2.2k

i totally agree. a midlevel processor + a entry level graphics card much better than a fast proccy + IGP. processor will pull in 1 direction & IGP on other direction.

He dont need a Graphics card.Casual gaming and HD movies can be easily handled by IGP HD 4200 with 128MB side port memory.

It can run Full HD movies with ease.

only for now. soon he'll need even better graphics. a gamer is always a gamer & will game :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom