Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC Demo This Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC Demo Released

A PC demo for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will be available this Thursday at 09:00AM PST (thanks Blues). In the works at Infinity Ward, the game promises to arm gamers with the most advanced and powerful arsenal of modern day firepower to fight a new war in the world’s most treacherous hotspots. The game will be released on November 6th.

Source: Gamershell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEMO RELEASED

Download

Size -> 1.4 GB

“Recommended Specs”

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended
RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

“Required (min) Specs”

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card (generic): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better

Last edited:

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Third Eye said:
The game will be released on November 6th.

Source: Gamershell

Is the XBOX-360 version gonna b also released on the same date..
im waiting desperately for this game...it even won an award for best graphics-technology at E3.....

Who

Guess Who's Back
any info about the system requirments ?

[i am guessing you would need the G92 chipset to play this game on 1600x1280 max settings....]

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
sabret00the said:

Off topic: Saw your sig, u have that 8600GT. Well is 79xx series better or 86xx better in terms of performance. This may be a dumb question but please excuse me, I do not know.:D

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
this is a dumb question, of course 79xx series are superior man in dx9 gaming not in dx10 because of the fact they dont support dx10. but im sure ur not going into dx 10 so 79xx series are better. but everyone suggests 8600gt

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Call of Duty Modern Warfare is Going to be Dx9/Dx10.That means it will support both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10.

sabret00the

Youngling
digitized said:
Off topic: Saw your sig, u have that 8600GT. Well is 79xx series better or 86xx better in terms of performance. This may be a dumb question but please excuse me, I do not know.:D

Having used a FX 5600 ultra and a 7600GT earlier and then after I graduated to 8600GT I would feel it just managed to play every other game with a somewhat decent performance in both XP and Vista.

I havent played any DX 10 games so far so cant comment on the same.

I have never used a 79xx series card hence I cant exactly comment on the performance aspect but I would understand under normal circumstances a 79xx card should outperform a 86xx card.No point of Dx10 comparison arrives as the former wont support Dx10..and that is probably the only reason why I chose a cost effective card to replace my ageing 7600GT...hope that helps...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have been a bit lazy this upcoming winter but i'll certainly download this one and post the Dx10 pics ASAP.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
digitized said:
Yes.If you are looking at gaming at higher resolutions then yes the 79xx series would be better in terms of performance.I can currently play Bioshock with everything high(except High Shader Detail set to off at times)@1280x1024 and I get 32-34fps.Though it massively dips when you have intense fight scene & frames would start taking a huge hit.

The 8600GT is more on the lines of 1024x768 resolution based gaming.It can handle most games at this resolution & with some amount of AA & AF for some older games maintaining respectable FPS.Infact the 8600GT is more on the lines of 7600GT rather than competing with the 79xx series cards.:)

Coming back to the original topic.I get a strange feeling that this game won't appeal that much to large audiences.I mean we have always picturised COD series to be the WWII based battle type games & the likes.But Modern Warfare,though having a different storyline,I think would not have that much impact.Now this is just what I feel.Many people thought are floored with it's mind numbimg visuals but I would have still liked to watch this game as the older shooter that it was but oh well looks like Infinity ward had something else in mind.Let's see if I can get this demo downloaded.Will check how the game actually turns out.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Wasn't the WW II theme getting a bit too much of an overkill? Especially so for the Call Of Duty series. A series that opened with a bang and then slowly drifted into mediocrity. Even the much touted hand-to-hand combat didn't turn out to be that good in CoD 3. I for one, am looking forward to getting this game on the 360 and try out something different for a change.

As for WWII, I will just wait for the next installment of BiA:HH

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
Wasn't the WW II theme getting a bit too much of an overkill?
Not really if you ask me.With Medal Of Honor Airborne being revamped with the UE 3 engine it had drastically given the game a lot of boost compared to the previous versions.I was hoping something similar would happen for COD series too.The WWII style never dies for some reason.Whatever this game turns out to be I don't want this to be more like a GRAW clone in terms of gameplay.The trailer was pretty good visually so am hoping for the best.:(

bkpeerless

In the zone
The_Devil_Himself said:
Ah well I guess they are very-very high.Something like 3GB RAM AND 8800ULTRA.

if these r the requerment then welll it will run in 100 to 200 computers in india
rrrrrrrr uuuuuu crazy can this be the requerment of any gameeeeee
:(

@ Devil yaar 3GB ram aur 8800 card ?????
We live in india lol not japan.
bhai aisi reqs hui toh adhe log to sun ke hi mar jaayenge.

BTW is the demo releases?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom