Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

Can anyone (experts) know/please let me know where to head over for BenQ product in kolkata/chandni ?

I want to buy BenQ G2420 monitor as this is only 24" hope it available here.

I am tired for waiting year after year for Samsung to release a 24 incher.

the above model got a good review at TE forum. I tried with Dell Guy @ TE,but he lost his interest after knowing my shipping address.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Sorry for the delay in reporting friends. Once again there are good news and bad news!

The good news first:

I finally got a cooler for my Core i7 920 CPU, namely, Noctua NH-U12P, thanks to thunder.02dragon. The package included the backplate and all such accessorries for socket 1366 CPU, as well as two 120 mm fans for a push-pull configuration. I also purchased four CM 120 mm blue LED fans for the cabby. thunder.02dragon was so nice as to not only deliver the goods personally (as he has done before), but also to spend considerable time in installing the cooler and all the fans for me, which involved some re-routing of cables and shuffling/swapping two fans that came with my CM Cosmos S 1100 cabby. This guy is a totally different breed compared to the other run-of-the-mill vendors I know and I shall give two thumbs up for his dealings with customers and request you all to seriously promote him.

After keeping me hanging for nearly six weeks, LG finally fixed the HDMI problem of my new monitor (L245WP-BN). They say that they had to replace the PCB with the latest one and everything seems to be working fine right now. However, there's a catch and that is part of the bad news!

Now the bad news:

LG took away my monitor for the repair, missing one Wednesday in picking it up and another in its delivery, making me wait for a total of three weeks, blind as a bat without any monitor. This is in addition to the three weeks they took in just figuring out what's wrong with the monitor! However the worst part is that the monitor came back with the display panel SCRATCHED ! They have agreed to replace that too, but two weeks have passed since then without any progress in that direction! The frame has been scratched too but, though easily visible, it is not an ugly scratch and I am willing to live with it. It seems they do not know how to handle a delicate thing like an LCD panel. At my home they unceremoniously dumped it face down on a surface with plenty of dust on it. It is only on my immediate and loud protests that they allowed me to spread out something clean. Only God knows how they handled it in their workshop! No wonder, therefore, that the display panel is scatched.

The other bad news is that, as has been suspected by me all along, the CPU cooler clashed with the 200 mm fan on the left panel of my cabby. Hence there was no immediately available alternative but to remove the 200 mm fan. thunder.02dragon suggested a substitute fan panel that can accommodate up to four 120 mm fans, but we could not locate it in the market immediately. thunder.02dragon has promised to keep an eye open for it and I am going to get it if and when it is available. Till then my system's ventilation is not quite balanced I am sure. Please let me know if any of the forum members knows any other solution.

Last edited:

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
^^
Sir I was saying this but seems to be different
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqok_2RkrB4&feature=related

This is the one that fits you best.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYnbt857sM

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ sjoardar - Congrats for the purchase of the cpu cooler and glad to hear that your prob with the monitor fixed a bit. BTW, Don't go too gentle with those service center guys. They handle products very roughly. Actually I think they don't learn about new products and don't care about much for the products of the consumers coz at the end of the the customer will only suffer the delay and embarrassment. I remember the day when I got a mobo with a broken NB heat sink .But from then I throughly check every mobo and gpu in the store before taking it.

Krow

Crowman
^It will decrease FPS too, as more pixels means a more powerful GPU. Its not like at 16:9 gaming would be bad or anything like that. Your eyes adapt to any resolution you game at. Besides, the 2033SW is a good monitor.

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
I want 2 buy A new rig for 25K With Intel Core i5 750 inside.Is it possible?I Have Speakers Mouse,A Keyboard n an Inverter as a UPS :).I am Willing to wait.Also Plz Tell Me Where to go to : Vedant or Exodustech?

Waiting for your valuable reply s.

A word of caution from Me
; don't ever go to saboo computers.They have like a doctorate in abusing The customer

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
@ sjoardar - Congrats for the purchase of the cpu cooler and glad to hear that your prob with the monitor fixed a bit. BTW, Don't go too gentle with those service center guys. They handle products very roughly. Actually I think they don't learn about new products and don't care about much for the products of the consumers coz at the end of the the customer will only suffer the delay and embarrassment. I remember the day when I got a mobo with a broken NB heat sink .But from then I throughly check every mobo and gpu in the store before taking it.

I am glad that you endorsed my choice of the CPU cooler. Please let me know if any solution for my problem regarding the side panel fan occurs to you.

You are absolutely right about the ignorance of the service center guys. Mind you, L245WP-BN is not even a recent product. It was released way back in 2007. Can you believe that when the service personnel first came to check it for the problem he did not even know where the inputs are? Even after I told him that they at the bottom back, he kept fumbling on the left side! This clearly shows that he came for servicing without doing any homework whatsoever. Even if any service manual for this model were not available at their Kolkata office, he should have downloaded a copy from their own server, studied it first and then visit me. However, that is too much to expect from them here in Kolkata, I guess.

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
^^
Sir I was saying this but seems to be different
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqok_2RkrB4&feature=related

This is the one that fits you best.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYnbt857sM

Thanks for the input mate. I think you are right, and that may be one solution available right now. I have power drill, hacksaw, chisel and some such other common hand tools. Hope that will suffice, but I may need assistance. However, I don't want to bother you unnecessarily. So let me first examine this small modding project and only if I get stuck I shall let you know.

Last edited:

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
Sir I don't have any problem regarding these help...Well let me know if you need my help..I think I am quite old in this things(Made Robot to compete in IIT's college days)..Well not expert though.. :D
The window of 4x 120mm is rare to find ;(
I will update you

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Sir I don't have any problem regarding these help...Well let me know if you need my help..I think I am quite old in this things(Made Robot to compete in IIT's college days)..Well not expert though.. :D
The window of 4x 120mm is rare to find ;(
I will update you

Thanks again! I really appreciate that.

BTW LG service personnel called me only today (Thursday) afternoon saying that the LCD panel has arrived and that they want to install it. A Hat-Trick of coincidences! This is the third time that they offered to come down to my place on a Thursday, although they know it very well that I am home only on Wednesdays. Ah well, I have to live with that till my monitor is completely fixed. Unfortunately, next Wednesday is a bit iffy for me as one of my cousins may have to undergo a surgical operation on that day. If that really turns out that way, this time I may have to postpone the appointment with LG. That will be a change! I shall keep you posted.

Last edited:

royal

Padawan
thunder, can you suggest any shop from where I can get a good quality dremmel tool (not necessarily from Dremmel, USA) ? I also need transparent acrylic sheet around 18"x18" ? :razz:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
thunder, can you suggest any shop from where I can get a good quality dremmel tool (not necessarily from Dremmel, USA) ? I also need transparent acrylic sheet around 18"x18" ? :razz:

Hey, those could be my queries too!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ sjoardar - until thunder buddy finds something for the cabby fan prob I think there's nothing to do but you can try to fit atleast 1 120mm fan. Just try - if possible use a driller to make screw holes on the side panel of the cabby and cut a 100mm hole with dremel ( I also want to know where I can find one ). Buy a 120mm fan grill from tech enclave forum. Screw it along with fan on side panel of the cabby. That should fix the ventilation issue a bit if there is no other solutions.

I think LG guys meet with their clients on Thursday only :p
Btw, the most service centers across all cities have service guys who does not know much about new components. But they act like they know everything. Actually they don't update themselves with new products and the company sometimes also acts like a bit lazy to provide them with related manuals. But those service guys are very proud about their short knowledge too. They don't care much about customer service.

Can you believe once I had prob with starlite rams and those guys were tested it like this - They 1st installed it on a rig then they were playing some movie on. When there is no restart or any other probs they said It's OK. I told them to test it with some game or atlewast some mem testing app like memtest. But they refused to do so. I said games hang on that ram and sometime comp just don't start with that ram istalled. But they said they found no prob as their comp started just fine with that for game testing I'll have to bring my entire comp to them & they never heard of any mem testing app.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
^^Thanks for the suggestion. Let me see what I can do. For that first I need a longish stretch of free time. So I have to wait... ...

Regarding memory, I had a very similar problem, but that was a long time ago (in mid 1990's). Why am I not surprised that after so many years they still haven't heard about any memtest program?!
I also have some funny stories (first hand experiences, really!) concerning Technical Experts of East Zone's largest distributor of certain peripherals. I can gladly share it with you folks, if that is not considered inappropriate for this forum.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
^There is a dumbest thing you have heard about computers thread in Chit Chat section. You may post there. Vasmi has some really funny ones over there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yup let us know & keep us updated.

BTW, sometime those dumb things can really get you angry so I think you should post in here also as it's about the hardware vendor feedback thread.
This way we can know which distributor/service center guys are really a dumbass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom