Calcutta Hardware Vendor Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S!D

S!D

Monster Truck
So Lets do this:
everybody post a list of Vendors and give them a :mad: for Blacklist and a :D for Greenlist. Your opinion has to be backed by a valid reason which should be attached to the same post..
LEmme start:
Supreme :D :: Reason already mentioned earlier in this thread
Saboo :mad: :: Reason already mentioned earlier in this thread

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Supreme , Lalani :mad: ... bad customer interaction if ur new !!! and they claim to know everything !!!
Easter Logica :D :p , actually after being here , i never required to go to other shops :rolleyes: ..

sabret00the

Youngling
^^^I agree with you here that Supreme might not be very smooth to new customers or potential customers but that's because the amount of customers they handle on a daily basis..and hence they cant waste a lot of time on someone who's just come to take prices of some hifi expensive hardware and then probably walk out of the store without buying anything or buying something extremely cheap....

OP
S!D

S!D

Monster Truck
sabret00the said:
Supreme,Arihant,Vedanth,Jai Mahavira,Rashi:D
Really dont have a :mad: Blacklist as such....
Buddy reasons and experiences(on Vedanth, Arihant, Rashi; the rest u hv posted earlier)..

deathvirus_me said:
Supreme, Lalani :mad: ... bad customer interaction if ur new !!! and they claim to know everything!!!
Thats the very reason we have created this thread..
We want to minimise and if possible eliminate any differential treatment u get in any shop. Lalani I have no idea about..but I can help u with Supreme..do let me know the next time u plan to buy anything from there.
deathvirus_me said:
Easter Logica :D :p , actually after being here , i never required to go to other shops :rolleyes: ..
If u share good relations with this shop..try n get a name and phone no. of a representative there and post it here.
----------------
If any end-user had bad interaction with Eastern Logica please post it here. So we'd have a second opinion.

Last edited:
OP
S!D

S!D

Monster Truck
akash_piddim said:
What is the price for XFX Geforce 8600GT,GTS?
Also,does supreme keep xfx cards in stock?Please hurry!!!!!
:!: Wrong Thread Buddy..u can try:
LATEST HARDWARE PRICES & QUOTES..!!

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
Lalani :D : Yeah they seem to be a bit indifferent to new customers and try to show that they know all ..but just show them that you have done your homework and they stop bothering you..got good prices for products bought there.

Rashi(Savera) :D : Good knowledge of products available(it was the guy called Vikash Agarwal) and will try to sell you cheaper variants if you happen to ask for a one which they currently dont have in stock.. Had bought my Asus MoBo and DVD-Writer, XFX 6600GT, Creative Sound Blaster Live 24! card, Creative Inspire 5200 and my APC BR800IN UPS. Btw dfidn't see Vikash on the day when i got my UPS.

Supreme :mad: : Toooooo knowledgeble with loads of indifferent attitude for my taste.. Would like them to behave normally like any other human being..well can say i had used the shop to benchmark the market price..

Technocrat : :rolleyes: (that's supposed to be in between :D and :mad:) : Had go my 2GB Transcend SD card from them..for the best price at the market..

Saboo : :rolleyes: They have got stuff..you just need to bargain a little bit.. for those staying in the North and frequenting Saboo@NageBazaar they guy at the counter is Sanjoy Saha(+919830634493) ..u just need to butter him a little bit to get the prices down.. but BEWARE : the shop@NageBazaar has a higher price tag than that of chandni..

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
going to get a new gfx card soon.may be evga 8800gtx superclocked or msi 8800gtx superclocked.

i hv bot only from Supreme and it has :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: reputation for me as they robbed me like hell.

i dont wanna make this happen any more.ny suggestions abot to which shop i shud go?

RajU
About Supreme, I agree with rb_kaustuv but the *person* who sits in a small cabin inside Supreme is a very good person:), I have recently bought all my specs from there, the prices quoted by him was good. Then after 20 days I again went there because of two probs, one for the gfx card warrenty and the other for the M$ft 500 combo. In the warrenty my XFX card was written 1 years and the M$ft mouse was having probs. First I met the representatives and told them about this, instead they told me that the warrenty will not change and for the mouse I have go there and give it to theirs' Scenter (atleast they would have told me politely :mad:), so I went to the Boss and told him about all these. He instantly cheaked the warrenty to 3 years and changed my combo and gave me a new one of my choice. Suddenly the manner of the representatives also changed,

out of topic but I couldn't help meself: one of my friend also went with me and seeing the sudden change he just quoted to one of them, LOUDLY, "maltake dekhtei shoitan shoitan" & suddenly the face of that re****tative became long:D

cybertragic

Broken In
Great idea for a thread.

I have only dealt with Lalani and that too through phone coz I stay in a small town in Bihar. Must give them :D because all the prices they gave me were excellent and the courier arrived with exactly whatever I had asked for. There was a guy called Ritesh on the phone and although he seemed to be in a big hurry all the time, he wasn't rude or anything. The courier part was a problem coz they did not know anything about which courier to use and that ended up costing me a lot.

Anyone know any other good dealer in Kolkata who will be willing to courier stuff. Need to buy one more system in 2-3 days and wanna have some options. Also any advise while dealing with buyers on the phone. The last time I bought from Lalani his prices were already much lower than dealers in my town and since he was in a hurry I did not bargain even 1 rupee. Do these big dealers bring their prices down if you bargain?

assasin

Banned
^^^ my experience with Lalani over the phone was not a good one.i called them up to enquire about the XFX 8600GT 256MB.they quoted me a price of 8.5k + 4%.but i got it from my vendor in Durgapur for 7.8k all incl.
so try and get prices from other shops too over the phone.

cybertragic

Broken In
Thanks for the heads up assassin. I was gonna order another PC from them today itself. Guess I'll definitely compare prices before buying now coz thats a major price difference.

Can someone please suggest a good vendor who might agree to courier and also pls give the phone no. if u have it.

cybertragic

Broken In
Okay ... thanks to the good reviews of Jai Mahavira given on this thread, I have purchased my new system from him instead of Lalani.

The parts that were purchased are:
1. Processor - AMD X2 4000+ - Rs. 2950/-
2. Mobo - Biostar A690G - Rs. 3300/-
3. HD - Seagate 160 GB Sata2 - Rs. 2650/-
4. RAM - Kingston 1GB DDR2 667 - Rs. 1600/-
5. Cabinet - Zebronics Lava - Rs. 1300/-

VAT and Courier - Rs. 700/-

Total Cost - Rs. 12,500/-

He also quoted me Rs. 9000 (incl. VAT) for a Viewsonic 19" 1912WM but I did not buy it coz I didnt have the money right now.

The guy on the phone was called Gurran or something. He was polite but not very knowledgable. I had to call him up again and again almost 5-6 times to confirm model nos. etc and he could not get me an ASUS M2A-VM despite repeated requests. But otherwise everything went smoothly.

I have deposited the money in his account and am waiting for his courier to arrive. Will let you know if the goods that he sent were as promised once I receive them.

utsav

damn busy...
any knows a good dealer in the Satragachi(howrah) region who deals in Graphics cards from many brands.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Who ever is telling good about Suprim - I oppose strongly.
Who are teling bad about them is absolute true - For any new customer, or a person who wants quotations they r realy BAD.
Only good about them they have good stock - u can find aalmost anything which is available in the market.

sanjay_111

Broken In
I bought 8400 GS from Techno. They seemed reasonable.

Also, I had taken quotes from a couple more. Supreme was overpriced. Caltron near Hind Cinema gave me the best quote though he did not have 8400 GS in stock.

I also have a guy who supplies to my company. He gives me good price and service. Bought two 1 GB RAMs from him. Netcom (Mr. Poddar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom