CABINET in the range 3k - 4.2k that has USB 3.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Most of the NZXT that were imported in India 2012 onwards had USB3.0 fitted in them. I hope you are lucky too. My Phantom came with a USB 3.0 and 230mm side intake fan screw holes,the previous 2011 imports didnt have them.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Most of the NZXT that were imported in India 2012 onwards had USB3.0 fitted in them. I hope you are lucky too. My Phantom came with a USB 3.0 and 230mm side intake fan screw holes,the previous 2011 imports didnt have them.

DUDE .... Why wouldn't you post this a day back. :|
Could've saved my 700 bucks [But thats if it actually comes with the USB 3 support].

Actually not that big an issue because in total, I have 3*USB 3 ports on my mobo and after incinerators post, I could have 4 ports at my disposal. Supposedly, if things go well, I would be ending up with just one of those 4 blue ports without the USB 3 support :).

Last edited:
OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Thats pretty good news............................
How's the cabinet??? I want an user review

Could you post pics. How is the cable management features.?

I can surely post pics.

A review - ummmm...Prior to this, I have worked only with a desi iball case. So, I dont think I have enough experience to review the Guardian. Plus there are so many reviews of the guardian by comp geeks, available online. The best one imo - NZXT Guardian 921 Review - Overclockers Club (5 page review--- the only difference in this case and mine is that it doesnt have an extra USB 3 port).

In almost all reviews I read prior to buying, they mentioned that the cable management is a bit tough compared to other cases in this range. However it has very good cooling and killer looks to say the least.

debarshi

Otaku
I have read almost all the reviews online, but couldnt get a hands-on experience.... Thats why I'm asking you, does the cable management really lack for like a Seasonic PSU??
I am not asking for a formal review dude, just what do you like and dont like about it........ :)

koolent

Youngling
From what I know, a review is all about what the user feels, some guys do it in a formal and experienced language while some don't and it still helps a lot in buying decisions, so go ahead and post something! :)

debarshi

Otaku
From what I know, a review is all about what the user feels, some guys do it in a formal and experienced language while some don't and it still helps a lot in buying decisions, so go ahead and post something! :)

True.....

And with pics please

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

So be it then.
My processor and motherboard are expected to be delivered by 13th. I will be assembling on 13th or 14th. So you can expect a review by 16th or so.

debarshi

Otaku
How much did the Guardian cost you??
And what abt your GPU?
How come you went for a k proccy but a B75 Mobo???

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Bought the Guardian for 4.5k

I had planned to buy a GTX 560 Ti but I ll be leaving for my hostel soon after Diwali and once I've left, my parents would be the sole users who use the comp just for surfing. So I ve put the gpu on hold until I return in summers. By then, I ll also have relatively better options in the same price range, probably I'll get one of the Kepler series card.

Few reasons for choosing the 3570k and a B75 mobo -
1) I was getting the 'k' series and the non k at a mere price difference of 5$.
2) The k series processor has much higher resale value.
3) I have no intentions of OCing the CPU in near future.
4) Not a major stand-out but the k series processor has hd 4000 whereas non k has hd 2500.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the Guardian today and happy to say that it does have 1*USB-3 port.

Congrats and it's really nice to to know you got at-least one USB 3.0 port with the cabby - NZXT should update their spec page on the website ;-)

Bought the Guardian for 4.5k

I had planned to buy a GTX 560 Ti but I ll be leaving for my hostel soon after Diwali and once I've left, my parents would be the sole users who use the comp just for surfing. So I ve put the gpu on hold until I return in summers. By then, I ll also have relatively better options in the same price range, probably I'll get one of the Kepler series card.

Few reasons for choosing the 3770k and a B75 mobo -
1) I was getting the 'k' series and the non k at a mere price difference of 5$.
2) The k series processor has much higher resale value.
3) I have no intentions of OCing the CPU in near future.
4) Not a major stand-out but the k series processor has hd 4000 whereas non k has hd 2500.

but some experienced OCer/users would say paring such a high end cpu with some 4-5k mobo is not a very good idea.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

DUDE .... Why wouldn't you post this a day back. :|
Could've saved my 700 bucks [But thats if it actually comes with the USB 3 support].

Actually not that big an issue because in total, I have 3*USB 3 ports on my mobo and after incinerators post, I could have 4 ports at my disposal. Supposedly, if things go well, I would be ending up with just one of those 4 blue ports without the USB 3 support :).
Got the Guardian today and happy to say that it does have 1*USB-3 port.

I missed your concern mate, I should have posted a bit early.

Last edited:
Top Bottom