c drive out of space...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyadr

Journeyman
i have 2 hdd's , 80gb + 40 gb, c drive has a space of 9 gb approx. by defualt every program tries to install on c drive. i change the path to d drive, i have fixed path of another drive to download anything from the net. but still c drive is keep of mounting files. 50% of which r programm files, how to get rid of these ( to shift to another drive ), without reinstalling onto another drive ? c drive has remained only 1.5 gb space, due to which it is becoming slower, making noises affecting the performance and helding up my work.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Hey buddy
Refer the link to delete ur useless files
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45816&page=2

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
You must always reserve lot of space for the drive where the OS is running and for installation of programs. As Ron put it, you may remove unnecessary files or even uninstall some applications and reinstall them on other partitions. If you don't want to do that I believe you can enhance the amount of space in C drive by repartitioning it. I think software called partition magic can do this without affecting the data on your computer. since I don't have personal experience in this, i suggest you wait until someone else approves this. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom