C++ compiler for vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanush_89

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I think I dont need to say anything more..

I just need a compiler for c++ which can work in vista and supprt the graphics too...

Plz help me out...

Im stuck actully....

Have only vista in my PC now and need to complete some project work...
plz help me...

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
There is a software named DOSBOX for windows vista which is capable of runing ur turbo c++ compiler on full screen.
Download it from here:
*www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

BTW great avatar.:smile:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
That avatar was used by me here before some days .. ;)

Any way, @tanush_89
Try Visual C++ on windows or DevCpp or MinGW with Relo editor...

ZeeshanQ can tell u more on this! :D ;)

1. borland cpp w/ relo
2. mingw developer studio
3. qt4 oss edition
4. dev cpp
5. ms visual studio 2008 express

all are quality free apps. the first one is ONLY for school/collage programs.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^ i have downloaded and tested DOSBOX as i previously say.
install it and run.
Now a virtual x86 dos environment will appears.
z:\>
To run tc.exe just write following command:
z:\>mount c c:\tcpp and press enter.
change drive by c: command
Then write here tc.exe and press enter.
Now a good looking window of tc.exe will appear in comparison of simple Vista run.
Although it is also not in full window but big than default and looks very neet and clean.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Oh so thats how you use dosbox...

Thanks for that, I tried dosbox once before but couldnt get Hocus Pocus game working :) I was too lazy to read the documentation, now tried it again and got it working :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The above post was FAIL. :))

*icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/roflmfao.jpg

A "light" compiler that forgives your mistakes not knowing how to correct them either. Totally what you should program with, yeah.

You could've atleast suggested VC++ v6.0.

jal_desai

In the zone
it can be an option.... i dont see why ppl rofl unnecessarily. i have worked on it and good programmers hardly make mistakes and if they make they KNOW where they are wrong... They dont wait for INTELLISENSE to pop up. I have made a whole damn ADVERTISEMENT on "WEAR HELMETS" using c graphics in TURBO C.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You've gone past that level already, so you don't feel that way. Good programmers are made out of constant practice and good practice mind you, not born.

Why do we have standards for?

Why .. so .. serious? :))

jal_desai

In the zone
but i think novices should not go for intellisense and "ready made" code tht builds up on its own in various IDEs. they wont give user the knowledge wats actually going on... however once in a professional stage, one can use them to fasten up coding part and focussing more on business idea.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
When did I talk about intellisense and ready-code? I was only pleading for a proper compiler that warns when it has to and outputs an error when there is. Work with pointers in gcc and in tc and you will know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom