C/C++ Beginner's Guide and Post Basic Questions here

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Can't help there but you may try code blocks
Ohh le me try it
I am getting that DOSBOX menu when choosing userscreen

- - - Updated - - -

what do you mean? can you be more clear about what you have tried?
I need Turbo IDE on my PC with 64bit ,Turbo IDE cannot run on mine so installed DOSBOX DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOSThen i intalled IDE in it every thing works fine but cant view the output

aaruni

The Linux Guy
[MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION] : here is a short guide I just wrote up. Tell me if you need anything more : TC++ Under DOSBox | Aaruni's Blog

aaruni

The Linux Guy
My prob is cant get to output

are you writing the clrscr() and getch() functions in your code? Because just executing the following code gives me output :

*edufor.fosspowered.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screenshot-from-2014-10-30-200539.png

aaruni

The Linux Guy
[MENTION=134449]aaruni[/MENTION]
choosing output gives me this window
imgur: the simple image sharer

you're definitely not using clrscr() function at the beginning of you're program. try adding clrscr() and getch() at the beggining and the end of the program, respectively, then execute.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
you're definitely not using clrscr() function at the beginning of you're program. try adding clrscr() and getch() at the beggining and the end of the program, respectively, then execute.
ya did try it whn u posted that pic then its fine
but ehy without using them

aaruni

The Linux Guy
clrscr() clears the output screen.

getch() waits for you to press any key before going further.

If you don't write getch(), it shows the output, and then comes back to the IDE screen, but it does it so fast, that you think the output screen was never displayed.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't remember but Alt+F2 or some key shows the output if you don't use getch().

- - - Updated - - -

Pro tip: If you are using Dosbox, don't use Ctrl + F9 to run. That same key also quits Dosbox.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Desmond, he did get to the output screen. But because he didn't use clrscr(), there was still DOSBox stuff on it. (read a few posts earlier, imgur link).

I approve of your pro-tip :p

are you writing the clrscr() and getch() functions in your code? Because just executing the following code gives me output :

*edufor.fosspowered.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screenshot-from-2014-10-30-200539.png

Why are you using TurboC/C++? Do you not take your life seriously? Are you a sheep in a heard?

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Why are you using TurboC/C++? Do you not take your life seriously? Are you a sheep in a heard?

Wow. I think I forgot to be vocal about my hate for TC++ in this thread. Those who know me, and those who are regulars on the IRC channel know how much I hate it. I wrote a TC++ specific guide, because TechnoBOY asked a TC++ question, and if he's a newbie, then he's probably being taught TC++, because our syllabus is so awesome.

Personally, I used GCC C++ compiler on Linux Ubuntu.

So, I do take my life seriously. And I am not sheep in a herd.

I do appreciate your concern though. If more people were like you, the era of TC++ would've been over long ago.

Top Bottom