[By Demand] - Digit March 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
caleb said:
With the release of Vista and all the publicity surrounding AERO it'd be nice to have some coverage for the Open Source alternative i.e BERYL running on SABAYON, FEDORA, UBUNTU , OPEN SUSE etc etc eg.what are the stability issues to watch out for and the work arounds for the same.

The bottom line is "upping" Linux coverage in the magazine...but making it simple for absolute beginners to understand to increase the popularity of Linux. I think a detailed (SIMPLE to undersatnd) installation instructions of any of the popular linux distos with BERYL.
is a welcome...most windows users yet to know that Linux distros looks gr8 with such 3D effects using compiz or Beryl...aero is a $hity crap.
have a look @ a Linux screenshot:
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/95/Fc6-beryl-2.png/300px-Fc6-beryl-2.png

btw pls include distros like sabayon,linux-xp(for windows xp fanboys) and rpath linux or foresight linux..more linux contents needed

mandarab

Right off the assembly line
Hi!
This is my first post here, hope the post is at the right place. Since the leading products from Microsoft, like Vista & Office 2007, come with a 30 day user experience without activation, I would very much like you to provide these in your forthcoming issue. Just as you gave beta versions & the office suite(wordperfect) from Corel. Similarly, will you provide latest version of Sisoftware-Sandra that's been introduced. Also, a fast track on Vista, flash programing Pls. Something on DX10 & it's likelyhood of being made available for XP,something abt XP SP3 Pls.

Jayakrishnan

Broken In
********Include these in cd or dvd******
Latest version of Autopater XP
Latest version of nVidia Graphics Driver
Latest version of nVidia nforce Audio Driver

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
'Umble request:

You gave us a SUPERB FastTrack to linux last year. I used that alone to install xubuntu on my comp. It was an excellent resource for gaining a foothold into the linux world.

I request now that you give a more advanced version of a Linux FastTrack, that would teach us how to make the most of the OS. Thank you.

qams

Terminator 202
Everything related to Windows Vista.
also Office 2007
(Softwares + Tutorials + latest news + Updates + Drivers)

e.g.
Ulead Products (Vista Ready)
Nero 7.7.x.x (Vista Ready)
etc................................

e.g.
Ulead Products (Vista Ready)
Nero 7.7.x.x Only Engilsh Version (Vista Ready)
etc................................

Last edited:

lalam

In the zone
rajivnedungadi said:
Why a trial version when Computer Active is given the full version of the 2006 version on their this months disc

I didn't know that! Anyways would request digit to include the same once again and yep the full version please :grin:

madmoody

Broken In
I need trial versions of some good video editors like Power Director,Ulead etc...if there r freeware sw u can gie them too,,,,,,im very much in need of them!!!!plz..include them in the march issue

1c3m4n

Right off the assembly line
How bout the following
1) MS OFFICE 2007 trial
2) OpenSUSE 10.2
3) Vista Transformation Pack 6

Also howbout getting a trial of Roxio Easy Media creator

Last edited:

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
600MB Wallpapers

Kaspersky VirusDatabase Updates