Buying PC - Branded or Assembled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wealthyminds

Coool!!!
Hi Everyone!

I've been noticing many advertisments these days about branded PC's with good config @ cheap prices... I seriously doubt if i get the same config with the same price if i assemble them.

I am looking to buy a PC, Budget is around Rs.30-35k. I want to use it to for web-designing purposes, watch movies and play games.

What config would you buy for that budget? And where to buy it (reasonable price) in Bangalore?

shashank_re

In the zone
If you know something about computers go for assembled.
Or if your are a first time PC buyer and if you doesnt have much idea about the latest hardware,then i suggest you to go for an Branded PC.

din

Tribal Boy
IMHO, It is always better to assemble a PC. Especially you are into web design etc, you can specify the config and can make it. Like more ram or huge HDD, anything like that.

Assmbled PC has more options for customization, like you will get more choice.

chicha

High without substance...
what ever your application or your budget is, an assembled pc is much better than a Branded. these brands take more than what they offer, all for the brand name, and nothing else.

for the same price of a branded you can get a better config on a assembled,
and the best part is that you can choose what you want.

i think even if you are new to pc's it will not make any difference if you buy a assembled or branded.

and please do not be fooled by the ads in the paper offering free upgrage to 512 MB DDR2 RAM. its just waste of money if you buy any lesser ram then 1GB, graphics and the monitor will depend on your budget and purpose.

and always remember to look in each and every shop until you get a good bargain. i am saying this cause i have been fooled once.

for 30K i think you will get a decent pc.
also check the november issue of digit.
SP Road is the place to look for in bangalore.

OP
W

wealthyminds

Coool!!!
Great... 4/4 of you say thumbs-up to assembled eventhough there's great offers from many branded ones...

Do you guys have any idea which shop offers great deals? Ankit Infotech people has a very bad customer service, and they once cheated me by selling transcend mp3 player @ Rs.500 more than the next shop... This time i will make sure to check more shops... Can you suggest me Any specific shop that you've already been to or know about?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Are you talking bout Ankit Infotech on SP road in Bangalore??
If you buy anything in SP road then check the prices at atleast 10 places before you purchase. :D

OP
W

wealthyminds

Coool!!!
yes, i am talking about SP Road Bangalore... I've been buying from SP road for the past 3 years... Been there may times, but still finding it difficult to decide upon a good shop...

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Why do you go to SP road????
Their customer service sucks to the core.
You may save a few 100 bucks if you go there. So instead go to some other shop where youll get better customer service and warranty support. I stopped buying from SP road 2 years back..

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
dear better go for assembled i can say both of them wont come under same prices,also nowadays are getting, good configurations from assembled in accordance with branded

Well if you are thinking for discount available for branded ,also think the individual parts of the system also whether they are branded i.e; live long ?

praka123

left this forum longback
always go for assembled,even better get a bill for each component u brought.if u cant assemble urself,the shops got assemblers.also assure that if some thing like RAM,hdd etc are dead after 1 yr, which got more than 1 yr gurantee,if u carry to shop,they will take care of the gurantee esp harddisks and RAM,mobo etc.
i am saying this bcoz shop owners have better contacts with the companies(wholesalers).and buy from a big shop,NOT from ur local assembler/service guy u know.
never go for a branded PC.it is not worth the ads they gave and they give u a 1 yr gurantee and a not so reliable service.

praka123

left this forum longback
go to SP road,B'lore.bargain,bargain for ur configuration!. afair they will try to cheat as obvious as anywhere.get an avg price from this forum.then go and shop ur Pc assembled.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
branded $uck to the core.. they are meant only for offices where they can supply large no of PC with exactly same stuff and provide support for all PCs
if they buy assembled then maintainence will be a problem..
also that many computers can't be assembled that easily by assemblers
so they go for branded...!

but for home use where.. you buy only 1 computer its better to go assembled ! you get a far more powerful computer

also you u get exactly what you want ... if u want faster ram and faster gfx u can add it
in assembled you to choose every slight thing of your PC .. where are branded they put cheap parts with no performance buy only durablitiy to last long .. but $uck in quality and performance

i will bet you will suffer your computers lack of power if u buy branded ! unless ofcourse you buy something like Alienware !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom