Buying android mobile phone around 20k

aviral1990

Broken In
Hye guys

Im new here. im looking to buy an android mobile phone around 20k rs. It should have the following features (minimum):

1. It should be good for multitasking.
2. It should be good for gaming (normal and a bit of high end games).
3. it should run all different type of media files like mkv,mp4 etc without converting.
4. it should have good sound quality.
5. Should be easy to transfer files and good connectivity with pc.

So basically the phone should show good performance. i dont care much about video and camera quality.

Now i was basically looking at samsung galaxy splus which has a 1,4ghz processor and 512 mb ram and i think it should be good for running various applications and stuff as well as gaming.

Is there any other phone around it that is better in performance.

Also my another important question is :

The thing is that i will be very much in love with the mobile for maybe first 15-20 days,playing games, figuring out various stuff but then it will be used as a normal smartphone..browsing net..watching some stuff, a bit of gaming etc..

Now the thing i wanted to ask is: whether samsung galaxy s2 is really worth that extra 7k cost? In terms of overall performance and all the points mentioned above. If yes, then i might think of getting S2. Otherwise i will settle with some phone near 20k..

do reply please guys..i wanna buy a phone fast..

P.S.: Also can someone give a good review of karbonn A9..how are its features and performance considering it has 1ghz processor,512 mb ram and costs only 9k.

Thanks a lot

OP
A

aviral1990

Broken In
Thank you for the reply..sony experia P looks good, but do you think it is worth spending extra 4-5k and go for samsung galaxy s2?

Other replies will also be appreciated

thanks

aroraanant

Explorer
No I think, Xperia P is good enough.
And S2 is quite old now, and it has also got not so good looks.

@bhaskar-Xperia P costs 22k, if want it for 20k I think you have to wait for a month

randomuser111

Technomancer
@aviral1990

Well actually yes its worth it spending more for GS2 but depends on what you want really. If all you want is a phone with good looks and a great camera, then go for the P. But if looks aren't that important to you and you care more about raw performance and are into installing different Roms and modding your phone then the GS2 is awesome value !

mitraark

Decrepit
I am almost on the same boat as you are .... looking for a powerful phone , size and looks are of no concern ... initially fixed budget at 18k but now confused between a 3.7" 18k Sola vs 22k 4.3" Sensation vs 27k Galaxy SII , waiting for Ace 2 launch at the moment ... me too wondering if GSII worth the extra 7k.

aroraanant

Explorer
Ace 2 is crap, there is no fun waiting for it.
Sola has got a very small battery, so there will issues with the battery backup.
Apart from that in this budget again I would say Xperia P and Sensation for 22k are very good options.

mitraark

Decrepit
Ace 2 is crap, there is no fun waiting for it.

People say that but with any elaboration as to why ....

Sola has got a very small battery, so there will issues with the battery backup.

Users are reporting it to be quite good after a week's usage , the figure of 1320 mah may look low but the processor maybe saves power quite efficiently.

Apart from that in this budget again I would say Xperia P and Sensation for 22k are very good options.

Sensation battery problems :(

red dragon

Master troll
Sony has started underclocking the cpu and undervolting the gpu very nicely,resulting in a significant better battery life.
Not having an external storage option also helps the cause.

OP
A

aviral1990

Broken In
I bought n\my galaxy S2 I9100 finally..so i would suggest..that better go for this,,,its definitely worh spendin extra5-6k for this mobile...super smooth and super peformance too plus..
maybe we all say that display doesnt matter, even i thought so..however after seeing the super amoled display..i just cant stand another display lol..it has beautiful and vibrant colours...

i would suggest to go for S2 coz phone is a long time investment and s2 is definitely worth it.

aroraanant

Explorer
Where do you get it for 22K?
You can get it online from buytheprice, ebay and many other websites, just keep looking.

People say that but with any elaboration as to why ....
In that case I won't speak much because you will say that you won't agree on this and that, so its better you have a look at it when it comes.
Apart from that a few things a I can tell you about that, it has got pathetic looks and a poor processor

Users are reporting it to be quite good after a week's usage , the figure of 1320 mah may look low but the processor maybe saves power quite efficiently.
Well then its pretty good.
BTW I can't say much about this handset as I haven't got my hands on it.

Sensation battery problems :(
I have recently bought it for a friend of mine, it is not that much that it will bother you.
As I always say "you can't get everything in everything"

bhaskar

Broken In
Hi, is the Timtara website trustworthy? They are giving 4k off on purchase of more then 18k. Now you can get the Xperia P at 21.5k...

Top Bottom