BUYING an a ipod touch

hannibal2469

Journeyman
Hi everyone
i am thinking of buying an ipod touch i basically need some device for videos, lectures and reading books surfing the internet listening to music with a damn good screen for it all.
before buying it i wanted to know if there are any other options i should consider or is this the best option available
also where should i buy it from.
i was thinking of online stores such as flipkart

TheLetterD

Will Power
U can get the base model for 13K
But why dont you increase your budget by 3K and get a Sony Ericsson Neo V instead? Which phone are you currently using?
THIS generation of iPod Touch isnt future proof as it was launched 1.5 years ago cuz this year the only upgrade was the white version! No hardware changes.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Base 8 GB-
Flipkart.com: Apple iPod touch 4th Generation 8 GB: iPod

32 GB-
Flipkart.com: Apple iPod touch 4th Generation 32 GB: iPod

Dont think you would need more than that. If you are fine with syncing videos (deleting old and putting new instead of dumping all vids together) the 8gb model would suffice :)

tousif

Journeyman
go for ipod touch 32gb..
best for music and gaming purposes.. no need to think of any other devices or a phone..
a phone is a jst phone.....
bt ipod touch rocks.....

Sarath

iDota
Kindle fire. Wait for it. At 10-15k tentative

If not then ipod is a good device.

Don't buy a phone :O

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
anupam_pb said:
Get a Samsung Galaxy R @ 20k. Forget
ipod. PMPs are dead. Don't wake them
up !!!
:facepalm:
please no off topic random suggestion like this. Clearly OP doesnt need a phone. If he wanted he would have written.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Well bro If a phone is NOT what you need for XYZ reasons (Amazing sound quality, which is rare in phones OR A phone not allowed by parents OR you already have a pretty good phone)
Then I think the iPod is your last and best option.
The screen is good but the 3.5 Inch with an odd resolution makes it worse because that way you cant watch movies without avoiding thick black bands on the top and bottom.
Also i own the 2nd gen iPod touch. reading books on such a small screen is a painful experience, surfing the internet is an okayish experience.

If you dont have a phone already and need one I STILL recommend to go for a phone.

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
thanks for all the replies
i see their are a lot of conflicting opinions
i want to make one thing clear i dont care for a phone which would perform half as well. all i want to know is that is there a device which will do the job of an ipod touch but cost a bit less or maybe do a better job at the same price or should i just go with an ipod touch
also is there a place other than flipkart which would offer me a low price on it
cause 19k sounds a bit steep for an ipod touch considering the fact that i can get the 8gb version for only 13k
also if there is any one of you using an 8 gb version can you tell me if you find yourself wanting more memory

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^nope 8GB is ample, use roughly half of it

There is nothing as good as the iPod. doesnt look like there will be in the near future. Its the materials used and how well the components fit and how many of it they order at a time, so it is impossible for anyone to come out with a better device, at this time, and even if a better device comes out its impossible for any other store to catch up to the iStore in terms of content.

no music or vids on my pod tho only apps

check for refurbed pieces have the prices gone up in the last 3-4 months lol? coz I remember 8GB for 12k at a local store

red dragon

Master troll
May be ample for you,but 8GB is really small,only 6.5GB will be available.
IPod touch missed out on the most important aspect of a pmp.
The crap DAC.

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
are u sure there is only 6.5 gb cause that sounds really low
also would anyone else like to comment on the sound quality of the touch

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^2012, we are at the end of the world dammit, data no longer actually sits on a hard drive you own which is in your physical vicinity and you are possessive about it being there
using an iDevice liberates you from data being tied to the device, because all your content can be stored on the iCloud, and the store saves all your purchases including IAP
plus yes, it fails horribly as a PMP, say if you want to listen to songs or watch podcasts while travelling, the iPhone is totally not the piece, small screen for videos, low battery life for long periods of usage... some PMPs offer days of battery life, if you are not planning to depend on the iStore for the content (music, podcasts (vids and sounds) and apps), maybe something with a larger screen and more battery life is better for you

if you want to store all your photos and songs on the PMP, and not change the content ever then ofc you are never gonna have enough space, if you let iTunes handle it, newer content replaces older content, and stuff you have already gone through gets thrown out automatically, so its a steady stream of content that disappears as and when you consume it

point is basically if you have prolems managing with 8GB of data, you will have prolems managing with any limited amount of data

but I guess OP already knows whats good about the iPod and why he wanna buy it, lol at everyone who tried to convince him to buy an android phone

an iDevice is fundamentally different from all other devices and its use is restricted to its own circle of devices and content, so if you are not comfortable with it or dont know about it, its cool that droids or something else woiks for you, but speculating how someone else should use their devices, or why buying a particular device is "total waste" doesnt really help anyone, it just allows you to voice your opinion

red dragon

Master troll
^2012, we are at the end of the world dammit, data no longer actually sits on a hard drive you own which is in your physical vicinity and you are possessive about it being there
using an iDevice liberates you from data being tied to the device, because all your content can be stored on the iCloud...
Oh yeh?!
Dream on son,dream on!!
May be after 50 years or so we will have that sort of wifi access even on crowded buses and trains.

icloud is OK for documents and pics and couple of home videos,but storing regular multimedia content is absolutely insane idea for now.

BTW cloud service is available for other platforms also.
Icloud actually came very late.

Sarath

iDota
NEW APPLE IPOD TOUCH 8GB WITH CAMERA 5TH GEN WHITE COLOUR | eBay

This guy itpaza on ebay is the most awesome seller I have ever seen. I sent him a request to send the ipod in 2days and guess what I received it within 24hours. It was to be gifted so I was highly elated. Apart from my prejudice, he also has 99.9% positive feedback and throws in a screen guard and a faux leather case.

For an ipod I would strongly suggest him. Also use some ebay coupons (I don't have, don't ask me) and save some more.

8GB is sufficient if you are okay with deleting and copying new stuff once in a while (every 3 months is a safe estimate). You can get the 32GB one for 15k too. Just look on ebay for good deals and 100 or 99% feedback.

If you can wait, I would once again suggest the Kindle fire which is due to hit our shores (I read so, sorry if it turns out wrong, others can confirm? )
You would benefit from a bigger screen and expandable memory.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i am thinking of buying an ipod touch i basically need some device for videos, lectures and reading books surfing the internet listening to music with a damn good screen for it all.
before buying it i wanted to know if there are any other options i should consider or is this the best option available
also where should i buy it from.
i was thinking of online stores such as flipkart

good choice u r going to make..

I have iPod Touch 4G (8GB) & I m just loving this beauty :))
No other PMP/phones & android devices beat iPod touch/iphone on gaming (specially)...

right now I am hooked up to shadowgun..& I must say that its like playing on PC (thanx to the engine) :mrgreen:

3.5" is very good & crystal clear...navigating UI is the awesome experience & so is the touch....

u won't be disappointed after u get it...

but do consider the capacity (32GB is minimum if u will dump lots of apps/games/videos...:neutral:

flipkart is a excellent site

Also i own the 2nd gen iPod touch. reading books on such a small screen is a painful experience, surfing the internet is an okayish experience.
lots of things are changed in 4G from 2G...thanks to Retina Display...I can read my PDF without strain on my eyes :cool:

If you dont have a phone already and need one I STILL recommend to go for a phone.

iphone may be :mrgreen:

Top Bottom