Buying Advice : Laptop/Mobile workstation for about INR150000 (+_ INR20000)

ashesh_sahoo

New to this forum
I want a laptop/mobile workstation for my on go use. As my work involves 3D,visual effects (simulation/rendering), video editing i want a laptop with atleast:
8GB RAM(if more better)
HD display
512 MB graphics (professional series, the more the better),
USB 3
512 Hard Drive (if more better)
My budget is INR150000 (+_ INR20000) I would also like to play some games in my leisure time, please help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I would recommend you to import a laptop preferably XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook

In this budget, DON'T settle for underpowered configs of alienware, msi, Asus, macbook just because they are available here etc.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
I would recommend you to import a laptop preferably XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook

In this budget, DON'T settle for underpowered configs of alienware, msi, Asus, macbook just because they are available here etc.

hey did any one buy laptop from XOTIC PC from our forum.

1manshow

Journeyman
Xotic PC ships to India as well, how come no one ever has ordered something to be shipped directly here? Or is it more complex than it seems? What about import duties and taxes we have to bear on importing laptop directly?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Xotic PC ships to India as well, how come no one ever has ordered something to be shipped directly here? Or is it more complex than it seems? What about import duties and taxes we have to bear on importing laptop directly?

You can buy a Nvidia Quadro K3100m from Xotic for professional stuff.

Cons:
1.No warranty.
2.37.5% import duties.(Free if someone brings it with them)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Just like every other brand, I have been reading user reviews where they have faced problems with their sager/clevo machines often requiring RMA (some also with rather bad experience with xotic - though I am holding that as a rare case). So all I am saying is that even though xoticpc provides awesome VFM laptops, they are still electronic goods at the end of the day and no electronic good is 100% perfect. Keeping that in mind ,if under a bad/rare scenario you face a problem, sure xotic will help you with RMA and stuff but do remember that you have to bear the shipping costs both ways. So if you are willing to take that risk,go ahead. I really feel sad to rather prefer a system available here in India just because of this reason. Even though they are freaking costly and yet offer medium quality for cost cutting. Desktops are still the best bet VFM machines here in India just because parts are purchased separately.

But anyway down to your question, since you are investing such a huge amount of money, you should go for quality and sager fits it well; but do weigh in the cons as well. For it is not a small amount of money that you are spending.

And please don't buy the Indian alienwares as they sell prehistoric hardware at future earth rates.

MSI is still good but overpriced by some 10k IMHO. Asus is similar to MSI and both will be launching their 900m series models in India that will fit your budget.

Last edited:
Top Bottom