Buying a new Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzz

Broken In
well i am thinking of buying a new mobo in next week or so
now some1 had suggested that abit ip35-e is a very good mobo

i already have an Xfx 8800 gt
now what i was thinking is within about a year or so the graphics requirements of games is gonna be so high that even and 8800gt will be like what 8600 is now :p
so was thinking that at that point i could put in another 8800 and use sli. (that should improve performance right ?)

any ways i need suggestions
what would you recommend i do ?
just get the abit mobo ?? or spend more and get a sli board ?
if u suggest that i get an sli board please suggest some good board :)
will be buying an intel e8400 shortly after the mobo..

err for sli do both the gfx card have to be of exact same specifications,or can i use 1 card from xfx and 1 from say evga (both will mostly have different speeds)

thanks in advance

OP
F

fuzzz

Broken In
oh okies that is kewl..
well as far as the budget it concerned
seeing as how ip 35 e is around 6k ish.. i can stretch the budget by another 3-4k so a max of say 10k... (that should be enought to get an sli mobo rit?)

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
go for ip35-e ....cuz itz around 5k and u can upgrade later for gaming needs....and abt graphic card, every card becomes outdated as soon as its next generation comes....this is neva ending.....and as soon as 9900 or the 'geforce 10' series come the 9800gx2 will become dead cheap....it is 50percent faster then 8800ultra...and its actuall 2 cards on one..
unless u r vry vry rich u shudnt go for high end mobos if u can get same performance cheaper

OP
F

fuzzz

Broken In
well you see the thing is..
normaly i end up going an buying what ever.. and then regret it in a month or so..
i recently bought an intel 965ryck and then regreted it cause it doesnt have 1333fsb support..
so this time i wanna make sure that what i am buying is gonna server me for a much longer time..

the reason that i wanted to go in for an sli board is,
have 2 spend once for it..
later on buy another 8800 gt (which will become cheaper)and in sli mode should perform quite well (comparable to 9 series.. atleast that is what i think)
any ways could use some more suggestions :D either for or against as i still have a few days b4 i buy :)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Go for a sli-ready mobo(maybe the 780i nvidia chipset?).Do make sure that mobo is stable,check reviews nd all.

8800gt is an excellent card which scales rather well.In fact,it is the card which made SLI's worth the hassle.9900gtx's details are jst rumours.(Remember 9800gtx rumors which purported it to be a 1 T Flop Monster).

So u are better of with a 8800gt sli atleast for another 2 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom