1. CM Elite 431
2. NXZT Gamma
3. Bitfenix Merc Alpha

Which one should I go for??

Do you have any other suggestions??

3.5K budget??
Presently, no cabinet is in 3.5K range.
Look at NZXT Source 210 @2.6K
It have front panel USB3 port and cable management feature.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
3.5K budget??
Presently, no cabinet is in 3.5K range.
Look at NZXT Source 210 @2.6K
It have front panel USB3 port and cable management feature.

I am from Durgapur............ And none of these are available here............... atleast no NZXT....... so as you said, are the MD computers reliable (about warranty and all), if so then I will think of ditching Flipkart on this particular case......... And is Source 210 better than gamma??

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Can you please tell me how the Source 210 is better than Gamma (Except for USB 3.0 coz my mobo doesnt support it right now, and if I change my Mobo in the near future, with it I'll get a BITFENIX USB 3.0 Front Panel 2-Port version............................)
Its just that I like the looks of Gamma better than Source 210 :p

BTW, can I get NZXT M59 in India, I am ready to shell out 3.5k for it........... :D

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
M59, not available in India.
In gamma, you will get 1X 120mm fan, and in 210, you will get 2x 120mm fans with it.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Is that really the only difference (except for USB 3.0), because that wouldn't be necessary, I have a CM XtraFlo and Deepcool 120 MM in my previous cabinet.... :D

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Cabinet warranty?? Be 99.9% sure that you won't be needing it. :p

You will if those LED indicators/ Power/ Reset/USB or any other ports don't work the way they should. They cover the electric components of the case like wiring and switches.

sunshine

Right off the assembly line
Yes i think Antec One S3 is a good option within 3.5k as it has front USB 3.0*2 along with Cable management and Top Fan. Best suited in the given budget.

Here is the link of the same: Antec - One S3

Also NZXT is a good option but not sure if it has front USB 3.0 within this budget.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You will if those LED indicators/ Power/ Reset/USB or any other ports don't work the way they should. They cover the electric components of the case like wiring and switches.

And the chance of failure? 0.01%. :p
What if LED indicator goes bad? Do the buyer need to send the whole chassis to the service center? Or will the company provide the modular (specific damaged part) when the invoice is produced in the service center?
Please enlighten, as I've no idea.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ You would be surprised.

I sense sarcasm in your post :p. But simply to let you know, there have been times where people had issues. Some of them sent an email with the scan of the bill, they got a replacement. Either they sent a front or if the front panel wiring is easily removable, they send a replacement for that. Although rust/corrosion isn't really covered officially, there have been times it happened- even on cases that one will not expect. They have even sent replacement during that time too. Its not just for the cabling. If the fan- especially higher RPM fans, are spin up very slow even with full power- or they don't work one fine day- what would you do? Few of those fans are pretty good ball bearing fans- and/or better sleeve bearing that you get in the market. You paid for those fans that you got with the case as well. They're not freebies. Also- depending on the case- there have been times where people even have received something that is dented- such as mesh on the 600T's sidepanel. Many people here infact have asked for a replacement and the company did give it to them.

Don't generalize and say you don't need it if you don't have an idea. This doesn't apply only to cases that carry a premium but also with cases such as this. Just because you haven't encountered the issue or no1 posted it on this forum, doesn't mean the chances of failure is 0.01% either. Its low- but its still there. Its nothing more than a safety net to prevent the hassle. There have been times where system doesn't start because of some issue with the power on switch/header. Now you tell me, if warranty wasn't there on the case- what would you do, buy a separate cable and replace it? Some use type of front panel connectors (via separate PCB) or buttons- some of which have the plastic body have a different mounting that needs identical switch to mount on the case. What would you do- use a duct-tape? Or else would you prefer buying another case? You might- not necessarily applicable for others.

Hopefully this gives you a good idea.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Well, there are some dealers who will replace the entire unit only if its brought to their immidiate notice. Prime ABGB taken someone's 500R back as it had a dent between the mesh and the sidepanel.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
MD Computers is very reliable. I bought a Phantom and my cabinet had minor dent ,they replaced it without a question. Since we live in India a cabinet with lots of fans ofcourse with dust filter go a long way in keeping things running optimally. So if I were you I would have bought a NZXT Beta Evo eyes wide shut.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Yeah, that's what I am thinking as well, Beta EVO, but it isn't here available as per MD computer's website........... I saw it in PrimeABGB

But reviews say the chassis of Beta Evo is too flimsy, can be bent with ease, is this same for other budget cases as well?

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Can anyone tell me from where I can buy the NZXT Beta Evo from Kolkata, and not online.............. I want to buy it from a shop....... Which shops are reliable there.......(except MD computers)?

Top Bottom