building new cpu

technique_007

Broken In
I started a similar thread last year...but due to lack of funds my plan didn't work out...So, kindly help me everyone...
Currently my system is
intel p4 2.5 ghz
256 mb ddr ram
40 gb hdd

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Average gaming, matlab simulations, photoshop and lot of browsing

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: if better choices are available with good after sale service,then ideas are welcome

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 15k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: no

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: win7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 320gb max

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: i have old 17" monitor...tell me if that needs to be changed also..its around 10 years old

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:Assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: within a week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: definitely...with enough space for upgrades in next 5 years

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: mouse,keyboard,speakers,ups,monitor

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: delhi

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: i will be getting good graphics card in 6-8 months..so kindly suggest config keeping in mind about future upgrade...mention the standard warranties of each part....and alternate ideas are encouraged to provide me choice..

Also guide me if my old cabinet and PSU can be used to save money for use on decent graphics card

thanks in advance....

would it be good to buy ati radeon 5450 1gb graphics card...is it decent enough ?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel Pentium G630 @ 3.4K
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard @ 4K
Corsair Value Select 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.1K
WD Blue 500 GB HDD @ 3.2K
Sapphire/MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5.3K
Corsair VS450 @ 2.2K

Total: 19K

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budgrt, that is the best graphics card + CPU + Motherboard possible. If you can stretch, get HD 7750 around 6.7K

panwala95

In the zone
a8 3850-7k
gigabyte ga a55m ds2-3.5k
1x4 gb corsair value-1k
cm elite 361-2.3k
wd caviar blue 500gb-3.5k
hd 6450-2.5k
any local 500w psu -0.5k
total-20.3k

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I don't think getting a dead platform which can't be updated is a good idea. Also apart fro watching HD movies, HD 6450 is a joke. If you are thinking of Hybrid Crossfire, then it will work but without any performance improvement.

OP
T

technique_007

Broken In
@cilus
if i consider buying hd 7750, i would have to adjust on other things....can u suggest alternatives ? e.g. saving on PSU

panwala95

In the zone
You can try this
Pentium g630-3.5k
Intel dh61ww-2.5k
1x4gb corsair value-1k
Any local cabinet-1k
Corsair cx 430 v2-2k
Wd caviar blue 500 gb -3.5k
Sapphire hd 7750- 6.7k
Total-20.2k

OP
T

technique_007

Broken In
Why is everyone preferring pentium g630 over i3 540 ? Apart from pricing which one would be better for a longer run ? Especially if I buy a good graphics card later on and want to run high end games ?

mitraark

Decrepit
I would suggest avoiding buying low priced cabinet, they are made of very bad quality steel, buttons also break down often, plus they are mostly not properly earthed. Buy Zebronics or iBall cabinet, they will cost a few hundred rupees more.

OP
T

technique_007

Broken In
If its about quality then my existing cabinet is good enough...should i use it ?? what factors should i consider ?

I am thinking to flipkart my graphics card....These were within my price range, kindly suggest the good options...

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB
Gainward NVIDIA 1GB DDR3 GT610 1 GB
ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Synergy Edition 1 GB
ZOTAC NVIDIA Geforce GT 520 Synergy Edition 1 GB
PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5570 1 GB
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB

panwala95

In the zone
out of these the hd 6570 is the most powerful and also@ mitraark when i meant local cabinet i meant iball/zebronics only ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why is everyone preferring pentium g630 over i3 540 ? Apart from pricing which one would be better for a longer run ? Especially if I buy a good graphics card later on and want to run high end games ?

Buddy, research a little. i3 540 is the 1st generation Core series processor which is completely dead platform for quite some time. The 2nd generation Pentium dual cores perform faster than it. Flipkart prices are higher than other online shops, try to find the GPU locally or check some other sites liek SMCINTERNATIONAL.IN, Primeabgb, theitwares, Mdcomputers.in etc

Top Bottom