Building Gaming PC for 105k

Cilus

laborare est orare
pegasus, I gues I am the n00b here as no one has hacked my account. Actually I have mistakenly swapped the specs of these two motherboards.

Extreme Gamer, RAW video means a digital video stream on which no compression logic has been applied. You can consider it as thousands of still frames coming one by one. A 30 FPS 1 hour uncompressed video will have (30 X 3600) = 108000 frames. Now if the frame resolution is 1280 X 720 (720P) and 24 bit is used to represent each of the pixels then the size of the video will be (108000 X 1280 X 720 X 24) bit = 278 GB.
Normally the video you see in the media like VCD, DVD, AVI or MKV files are compressed by using some video compressing techniques which are popularly known as codec. Examples are MPEG1 (for VCD), MPEG2(For DVD), DivX/Xvid (MPEG4 part 2) (for mostly internet AVI files), H264 or AVC(MPEG 4 part 10) (High quality MP4 and MKV files), VC1 (WMV HD). Among them H264 and VC1 are the most advancd ones which can compress the video maximum while retaining the details. Normally these codecs work on Human Psychovisual Enhancements or Just Noticeable Difference (JND) which enables to reduce the details which cannot be observed or minimally affects the quality. But whenever these kind of codecs are applied (lossy codecs) there are some quality loss.So Video editors normally edits or enhance video upon the raw format and then use some codec to compress it.

Tkin, Gigabyte Z68 are not P67 from asus. They support all the features of a Z68 motherboard like SSD caching, Oeing of Non K processors. But for the Lucid Virtue software to work, the output needs to be connected to the Onboard output. So any motherboard without on-board display output cannot use Virtue. The UD3H one is having Onboard output and thus it supports Virtue.
nGinx, if you can find this GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo, go for it. Price is almost same as UD3R model. Otherwise go for the Asus mobo as Tkin suggested.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Cilus i know what RAW video is mate ;).

I was pointing out that afterburner supports compression for free unlike FRAPS.

tkin

Back to school!!
pegasus, I gues I am the n00b here as no one has hacked my account. Actually I have mistakenly swapped the specs of these two motherboards.

Extreme Gamer, RAW video means a digital video stream on which no compression logic has been applied. You can consider it as thousands of still frames coming one by one. A 30 FPS 1 hour uncompressed video will have (30 X 3600) = 108000 frames. Now if the frame resolution is 1280 X 720 (720P) and 24 bit is used to represent each of the pixels then the size of the video will be (108000 X 1280 X 720 X 24) bit = 278 GB.
Normally the video you see in the media like VCD, DVD, AVI or MKV files are compressed by using some video compressing techniques which are popularly known as codec. Examples are MPEG1 (for VCD), MPEG2(For DVD), DivX/Xvid (MPEG4 part 2) (for mostly internet AVI files), H264 or AVC(MPEG 4 part 10) (High quality MP4 and MKV files), VC1 (WMV HD). Among them H264 and VC1 are the most advancd ones which can compress the video maximum while retaining the details. Normally these codecs work on Human Psychovisual Enhancements or Just Noticeable Difference (JND) which enables to reduce the details which cannot be observed or minimally affects the quality. But whenever these kind of codecs are applied (lossy codecs) there are some quality loss.So Video editors normally edits or enhance video upon the raw format and then use some codec to compress it.

Tkin, Gigabyte Z68 are not P67 from asus. They support all the features of a Z68 motherboard like SSD caching, Oeing of Non K processors. But for the Lucid Virtue software to work, the output needs to be connected to the Onboard output. So any motherboard without on-board display output cannot use Virtue. The UD3H one is having Onboard output and thus it supports Virtue.
nGinx, if you can find this GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo, go for it. Price is almost same as UD3R model. Otherwise go for the Asus mobo as Tkin suggested.
Umm, you are wrong again my friend, the lucid virtu no longer needs the onboard gpu output to be connected to monitor, it works even if you connect the monitor to the graphics card and it will allow us to use quick sync which is present on the cpu. At this moment virtu is supported by any Z68 mobo but mobo vendors need to license the software, gigabyte didn't license it, so you can't use it though it can be run on any gigabyte mobo. Asus licensed it, no idea about msi.

PS: Read this:
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=w...wyONVESfdk9hA&cad=rjaYYEJ9vP6lwUhLvwA&cad=rja

Update: MSI Z68A-GD80 supports lucid virtu as well: MSI Z68A-GD80 motherboard review

Gigabyte screwed up real good.

To gigabyte, enjoy your non existent Z68 sales.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Tkin, could you have a look of the product specification page of GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 then share your opinion.

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
The key letter in the model number is 'H'. The H version has Quick Sync, Virtu and IGPU video out while the R version has none of that. I would say its poor naming scheme on Gigabyte's part that's causing all this confusion.

tkin

Back to school!!
Tkin, could you have a look of the product specification page of GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 then share your opinion.
My bad, so it support virtu, but only in D mode, that's nice, but what if my card needs a rma(god forbid, please), the gb board will eat dust, asus mobo will not.
So GB UD3H supports both, but its the low end board, why doesn't the mid end(UD4) have them?

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can say that's a wrong policy by Gigabyte. Only their middle and lower middle end boards are currently supporting Lucid Virtue. Gigabyte is saying that their high end products are dedicated to gamers who are gonna use it for gaming and currently the number of software support is really low and only limited to Video editing type. So their high end products won't be needing it.

But the good thing is Gigabyte has entered in a Partnership with Lucid Logic and the following boards from Gigabyte supports lucid Logic Virtue:-

Z68X-UD3H-B3
Z68A-D3H-B3
Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Z68MA-D2H-B3

Check the Source here

tkin

Back to school!!
You can say that's a wrong policy by Gigabyte. Only their middle and lower middle end boards are currently supporting Lucid Virtue. Gigabyte is saying that their high end products are dedicated to gamers who are gonna use it for gaming and currently the number of software support is really low and only limited to Video editing type. So their high end products won't be needing it.

But the good thing is Gigabyte has entered in a Partnership with Lucid Logic and the following boards from Gigabyte supports lucid Logic Virtue:-

Z68X-UD3H-B3
Z68A-D3H-B3
Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Z68MA-D2H-B3

Check the Source here
All those low end boards, and gamers won't use virtu? I will and I consider myself to be a gamer, I don't care about high end, just the mid end(UD4).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
its not a find.i communicated about how high he could go in subsequent posts there.:))

highest multiplier on standard 2500 was 41! :eek:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
yeah lol.been there since 2007 before SLI Zone forum was merged with it.i was at SLI Zone at first , hence the new join date.

shayem

In the zone
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I haven't looked into them in details yet but just an overview of the specs. None of these really have the "bang for buck" if you know what I mean. Paying 11.5k for a router is not gonna happen.

I think the Asus RT-N16 is a monster for ~6k. It blows away any other router within 8k in terms of sheer specs and performance. I will research on it some more but at the moment, it seems like an obvious choice to me. Let's just say I have made up my mind :D

Hmm good choice but don't agree with
It blows away any other router within 8k in terms of sheer specs and performance.
. I suggest research on that more. Here is some info. Hope it helps.
  1. More features in same price of 6k. I think Linksys E3000 will cost less cause of its availability :Fingerx:.
  2. The Linksys E3000 is a true dual-band router, meaning it has two separate access points, one for the ever-popular 2.4GHz band and the other for the 5GHz band(means future proof), that can work simultaneously. On top of that, it can create an additional separate wireless guest network,which means when you want to share the Internet with others but want to keep them from accessing your local resources such as files or printers. Asus RT-N16 don't have it and supports only 2.4GHz band
  3. In NAS performance ASUS RT-N16 read@48.8Mbps & write@46Mbps; Linksys E3000 read@32.2Mbps & write@57.1Mbps
  4. E3000 offers 60KB of NVRAM space and the RT-N16 offers 32KB with same processor and speed.
  5. RT-N16 has 3 external removable antenna, that means you can change antenna if it fails and E3000 has 6 internal antenna, means have to send router for RMA.
  6. RT-N16 has two USB connectors, E3000 has one.
  7. E3000 1000Base-T LAn but RT-N16 don't.
  8. More BAD user review than E3000 in web.

Last edited:
OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
Hmm good choice but don't agree with . I suggest research on that more. Here is some info. Hope it helps.
  1. More features in same price of 6k. I think Linksys E3000 will cost less cause of its availability :Fingerx:.
  2. The Linksys E3000 is a true dual-band router, meaning it has two separate access points, one for the ever-popular 2.4GHz band and the other for the 5GHz band(means future proof), that can work simultaneously. On top of that, it can create an additional separate wireless guest network,which means when you want to share the Internet with others but want to keep them from accessing your local resources such as files or printers. Asus RT-N16 don't have it and supports only 2.4GHz band
  3. In NAS performance ASUS RT-N16 read@48.8Mbps & write@46Mbps; Linksys E3000 read@32.2Mbps & write@57.1Mbps
  4. E3000 offers 60KB of NVRAM space and the RT-N16 offers 32KB with same processor and speed.
  5. RT-N16 has 3 external removable antenna, that means you can change antenna if it fails and E3000 has 6 internal antenna, means have to send router for RMA.
  6. RT-N16 has two USB connectors, E3000 has one.
  7. E3000 1000Base-T LAn but RT-N16 don't.
  8. More BAD user review than E3000 in web.

The fact that the E3000 doesn't support USB printers and has only one USB port, alone kills the deal for me. I need atleast two ports, one for printer and another for HDD.

E3000 also has less RAM and flash than the Rt-N16.

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
Yeah sure. What details do you want? I bought 4x1TB Externals, 5400 rpm.

I'm waiting to purchase my full rig and then I will post pics together with the specs.

Top Bottom