Budget of 18k. STRICT. Cellphone

arkadeep

Broken In
I have a budget of 18,000 no more no less.
I want the best phone possible.
Any OS works for me.
But I would like to have a decent number of apps at my disposal to download :D

But just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea how much the HP Pre 3 is going to cost?
webOS looks awesome.

But coming back to my present query, I really like the Wave II
Is that the right choice?

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Where are you checking radiation levels of cellphones ? Motorola confirms to SAR guidelines so this should not be an issue.

I would suggest Samsung Galaxy Ace. Wave II is a decent phone at its price but Bada has almost no future.

OP
A

arkadeep

Broken In
^^ Where are you checking radiation levels of cellphones ? Motorola confirms to SAR guidelines so this should not be an issue.

20 cell phones with highest radiation levels:
Motorola Defy - 20 cell phones with highest radiation levels (photos) - CNET Reviews

Galaxy ace? I'll look into that....
Are there any HTC phones out there in this range?
I've been using a Nokia 6070 for the past 5 years now.
How long are these phones expected to last?

I went through a lot of Defy reviews and it's support forums. Seems to have a lot of problems. No front facing camera as well.

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
^^HTC Wildfire. Seriously not recommended.

Hardware of these phones will last as long as you don't throw it off your balcony. The software, however, gets outdated pretty soon. This is because Google releases newer updates to Android regularly but the handset manufacturers are reluctant to update their old phones.

Currently, the Defy is running Android 2.1 & Motorola has announced an update to Android 2.2 soon. But don't be surprised if they back-out later as they've done earlier.

Samsung Ace which is selling at 15k at flipkart.com (still not available in market) runs Android 2.2.

Android 2.2 is recommended than 2.1.

For your worries regarding the SAR levels, here is a quote from the same site you listed above:
It's important to note that in publishing this list, we are in no way implying that cell phone use is harmful to your health. Research abounds, but there still is not conclusive or demonstrated evidence as to whether cell phones cause adverse health effects in humans. While some studies have found a possible link between long-term (10 years or longer) cell phone use and brain tumors, decreased sperm count, and other ailments, other research has found no such effects. The science will continue, and we will continue to monitor the results, but it can take years of exhaustive research before studies actually prove anything (if they ever do).

Also the SAR level of Defy is 1.5 which is much less than the allowed 2.0 level in Europe.
Compare it to the Indian-brand phones like Micromax, Lava, etc. which exceeds the 2.0 mark.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^ probably :)
And don't rely on HP, their new offerings (IMO) won't be hitting indian market anytime soon.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Can't say now. The Mobile Web Congress in Barcelona starts on 14th of this month. Expect new releases there. Availability in India is, however, a different matter altogether.

Surprisingly Samsung released Galaxy Ace & Pop in India before official launch in the MWC. Phones to look forward are LG Optimus Me & HTC Wildfire 2 (rumored)

pauldmps

Banned
I won't wait for the phone as it looks kinda high-end. It won't be available in this budget even if it available in India.

And stop worrying abut colors, as I've said they don't make much difference.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I really doubt if there are any sub-20k phones that will be released immediately after MWC. There is only one good phone that I think of. SE Halon. Most of the new releases are expected in March and later.

Top Bottom