Budget Mobile Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a damn basic mobile phone at a low cost. Its supposed to make calls and send SMSes, and do that well.

I don't need music player capabilities since I already have a DAP with FM, Voice Record and data storage.
I don't give a damn about games either.
Soon, it might get a laptop as a buddy, so it needn't have much extra features.

What it needs is a good nice long battery life and some durability. And vibration mode.

I remember seeing a phone on chotocheeta.com which was cheap and had internet connectivity option. Internet connection from the phone would be welcome since a laptop might be used with it.

If it is tied to or locked to a particular provider, the provider needs to have a good basic plan for the phone. It needs to have a long duration, and mainly needs to handle incomming calls. May often send SMSes. But makes little calls. Hope to go for cheap rates. Some good student plan is what I am looking for.

Please give me some ideas.

goobimama

 Macboy
The best budget phone which can really take a trashing (and I mean I used to have 'who can drop a phone from the highest' contests) is the Nokia 6030. Basic phone. Has FM. Good battery life. Loud speaker and good vibrator.

utsav

damn busy...
Huawei C2900i from tata indicom for 1.8k . It has fm, mp3 ringtones, fm recording, It has opera mini support and you can connect your pc or lappy to it for upto 153.6 kbps internet connectivity .i have this phone too and its sms rates f**ks all other providers, Rs 30 voucher gives 1000 sms to any phone in your state . Just 3 paise/sms is damn cheap. Its a awesome phone for a sms junkie and has uncompareable features .can you imagine opera mini in a 1.8k phone :shock: its battery life is awesome too

Check this out too *www.techjunkiez.com/2008/01/29/huawei-c2900i-review/

Last edited:
OP
MetalheadGautham
er... I don't need FM.

and sub 1k anybody ?

Huawei C2900i from tata indicom for 1.8k . It has fm, mp3 ringtones, fm recording, It has opera mini support and you can connect your pc or lappy to it for upto 153.6 kbps internet connectivity .i have this phone too and its sms rates f**ks all other providers, Rs 30 voucher gives 1000 sms to any phone in your state . Just 3 paise/sms is damn cheap. Its a awesome phone for a sms junkie and has uncompareable features .can you imagine opera mini in a 1.8k phone :shock: its battery life is awesome too

Check this out too *www.techjunkiez.com/2008/01/29/huawei-c2900i-review/
internet cost ?

Last edited:
now ,ask your parents ,that you are a college kid and wants some money for flaunting. :D upgrade one by one -ur pc,phone ;) appa kandippa onnum solla maatte ;)

OP
MetalheadGautham
now ,ask your parents ,that you are a college kid and wants some money for flaunting. :D upgrade one by one -ur pc,phone ;) appa kandippa onnum solla maatte ;)
Its my dad who is insisting that I and my sis get a phone. He wanted to buy me an iPhone (after seeing its ads :lol:). I argued against it and told him that something cheap and basic will do. :)

I am not one of those spoilt brats you commonly find here. :p;):D

utsav

damn busy...
Its my dad who is insisting that I and my sis get a phone. He wanted to buy me an iPhone (after seeing its ads :lol:). I argued against it and told him that something cheap and basic will do. :)

+1 a phone is meant 4 calls and sms , only get a high end phone if you think that u can make the full use of its features. Many guys here buy phones as a fashion statement .
btw i have answered all 11 questions u asked me ,so chk them up.

OP
MetalheadGautham
+1 a phone is meant 4 calls and sms , only get a high end phone if you think that u can make the full use of its features. Many guys here buy phones as a fashion statement .
btw i have answered all 11 questions u asked me ,so chk them up.
well, I still didn't get the part about the internet plans. What are the actual costs ? Is that Rs. 99 per month unlimited if I use the phone with the computer ?

utsav

damn busy...
Rs99 for unlimited NOP yaar. Not for pc . For pc internet usage cost contact a tata shoppe or tata hub. I dont use tata for pc internet connectivity so dont know the plans

OP
MetalheadGautham
Rs99 for unlimited NOP yaar. Not for pc . For pc internet usage cost contact a tata shoppe or tata hub. I dont use tata for pc internet connectivity so dont know the plans
OK, but isn't ANY phone with built in internet connectivity thats connectable to a computer usable as a modem ? And from what I know, it dials the same CDMA network weather you connect via PC or via the phone itself.

Have you atleast *tried* pluging in the phone and connecting ? And did you notice any deduction from your prepaid account ?

Pathik

Google Bot

dude, wtf. This aint normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.