Budget estimation for settle in new house

Baker

Albicelestes
guys...

my marriage is fixed and , it is the time to think about the damage that is waiting for me in 3-4 months

what i am asking is ,
i need to fill the house with neccesory holdings.. and am looking for all the things in limtied budget , and i need suggestios for

fridge--which brand, which model [single door]
washing machine-- semi automatic
basic house furnitures....

and i need fit all with in the budget of max 70-80k

hhmm...i think 70-80k would be on a lower side..Furniture's are too costly these days man :(

Depends on the kind of furniture you are after. If you have a big house in a posh locality and need to make it look insanely awesome on the inside, then furniture and carpentry work will alone consume 2-4 lakhs.

But if you look more for practicality and functionality over looks, I think basic furniture can be managed cheap.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
am looking the households for my rented house... am looking for a cheap one that can last for 3-4 yrs....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
First of all get the necessary white goods. Washing machine, fridge, kitchen utensils, air conditioner. And with left over slowly buy furniture one at a time.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Washing Machine (semi - automatic) - 10K
TV - 20K
fridge - 15K (maybe, not much of idea )
Then kitchen setup - and it is costly
Oh and furnitures also. This will eat up a lot.
And as Gautham mentioned, look for practicality, purchase things that can multi task.
This way you can save a lot.

Sarath

iDota
I think the basics should be taken care of first:
I am 23 BTW so my suggestions are far from perfect. But we moved into a new rented house so the total expenses did come up to a lakh or two. And we keep doing this ever so ofter (every 4-5years)

First up get a few chairs (nilkamal 500 each) and a bed (cot + matress + bed sheets + pillow)
Next up of course the kitchen. (stove + utensils etc)

After that move to
Fridge
Washing Machine (these could make or break anyone's marraige {sorry I'm being naive})

Next up in quick succession we always buy the following:
Cupboards in not available already
Sofa + table + TV stand (Hall complete)
Each room gets a bed + matress+ sufficient pillows
Side table for the bed if necesary
Dressing table (?) (the one with mirror etc)
AC
TV

For fridge I suggest you go with LG or other brands; I have a whirlpool one which is definitely louder and noisier than the LG one I have and the Kelvinator I have seperately(kelvi is old so ignore it)
For washing machine: please don't buy Whirlpool, we have two of these in two homes and both work but have peculiar problems (the door is always detected as open even though its closed)
Dad has an LG one which works flawlessly and was bought just when we bought the whirlpool one at the same cost. LG goes on like a race horse while mine seems to be a mule waiting to turn into a donkey (devolution?)

Honestly you wont be able to buy everything for your budget unless you are ready to compromise on a lot of stuff. I would hence suggest you undertake it in a step by step manner.

Hope I helped. I know, too young to understand the finances, being a dependant member of family, but I have seen close to 5-6 shiftings in my life and learnt a little from them.

(We really suffered due to lack of these, everything else is a luxury)

amohit

Broken In
I will suggest you involve your better half also in the purchasing. If she is in the same town, you can spend a weekend or two before marriage and shop, else wait until marriage. However, do your research on which brands are good. Specific features is something that both of you need to be deciding on later on.

Regards,
Mohit

Top Bottom