Budget 15k: Whay NOT the Desire (A8181)??

mail2abhi81

Broken In
You got that fellas. I am in this epic doubt, which almost every dudes must also be in. Considering I cant stretch above 15k, please justify what aspects would hold me from buying this nice device, which had won many accolades.

1. Is the battery life massively disappointing? what are the typical life after 20 charge cycles under sane usage (no wifi, one time use of gps in a day, no continuous syncing.. guess you got the drift now!)?
2. 576MB RAM, 512 MB ROM? Would it pose a problem later.

I had always desired to get the Desire :razz:. Now at this price, its very tempting. This would be my first Android phone. IS it a bad decision, to buy this, considering its has reached its end of PRIME.

I am not so much in love with the Huawei X6 (branded Spice Mi410) @14k. X5 15k, unsure. Defy @18k. (unsure, budget exceeded)

::Update::

Moto Defy is now available at 15k at letsbuy. So, including this in my radar.

Abhishek. TIA

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
The Desire is a very good phone. Though its old now, the h/w still is very good at the price. Add to that the htc label and sense ui. Also its got such a huge modders support. The battery life is the only negative. Ive heard it doesnt last even a day at times(depending on ur usage). Check wid other desire users to get a actual details. Also if u are ready to root and install custom roms, Im sure with a few tweaks battery life can be improved.
Other choice is defy. Very good phone, built to last. If u are a rough user go for it. Its a rock. Also got very good dev support.
For me it wud be between desire and Defy. Id give desire preference though. Very desirable indeed :p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
HTC Desire beats Moto Defy hands down... go for it...

If buying on Saholic for 15k, don't forget the 5% off discount coupon SAHOLIC1500...

15000-750 = 14250 Rupees -- Absolute value for money... Don't wait... get it now...

Cheers!

mukeshgupta

Broken In
Rs. 13350 for the Mi410 (thanks )

I have been researching for a cheap android which I can customise. Mi-410 is on my radar and glad that other people also have put faith on this phone. I was looking for the coupon code too. Thanks for the extra 5% :) at Saholic.com.

I haven't heard much about the Moto Defy. Anyone has any links to the reviews of this phone?