BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
* Till now the minimum bandwidth available to broadband customers was 256 Kbps. BSNL has now decided that all the Home and Business Plans will offer data rates up to 2 Mbps, subject to technical feasibility.
* Further, the downloading limits in Home 250 and Business 700 plans have been enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB, respectively. The limits in other plans have been suitably enhanced. With the increase in downloading limit, a Plan 250 customer will get a benefit of Rs 840 per month for 1 GB limit and Business Plan 700 customer will get a benefit of Rs 2400 per month for limits up to 4GB.
* BSNL has also decided to bring down the per MB downloading rates from 1.40 per MB to Rs.0.90 per MB in Home 250 plan and the rates have also been lowered in other plans.
* BSNL has also decided to reduce the fixed monthly charges from ADSL modems from Rs 100 to Rs 60 per month which would benefit about 800,000 customer of BSNL. The reduction is applicable with effect from December 1, 2006.

Freakin awesome!!!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
:( I hope airtel also comes up with a similar (better?) offer!

Cheers to you BSNL/MTNL guys!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
How much better they can make the UL plan , UL+2mbps is hott..

but great news for ppl like me who are on the data limit connection , i think they will provide 3-4 GB for home 500 atleast i hope :p

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
From another "reputed" forum for broadband discussions:
BSNL does not yet have its own international gateway (except for a paltry one from Sri-Lanka to chennai).. it depends on Airtel for its bandwidth.. so if BSNL can offer 2mbps (yes it will be unlimited for their H900 plan) Airtel will also offer the same.. the only difference that i can percieve is the DL/UL speed.. whereas BSNL might go in for 2mbps/512kbps Airtell might either opt for 2mbps/1mbps (likely) or 2mbps/2mbps (unlikely). Airtel can be an out and out winner once they expand their network.. this is the only sector where they are lagging behind BSNL.
YAY! :D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
FREAKING AWESOME!

2 MBPS unlimited for 900 per month!

Hell just froze over 234324234324 times!

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
No buddy is sayin' anything about unlimited package :cool: Besides all this news says that bandwidth will go up to 2mbps I'm currently on HOME 900 UL Plus plan my bandwidth should go up to 256kbps but It only goes up to 240kbps :cool: This up to term creats confusion.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Are the plans available already ? I am planning to go for BSNL connection but wanna know if I should hold on for some time. Normal BSNL connection takes from 1 month to Lifetime here in B'lore so even if they'r going to start that in a month time I should be ok *img246.imageshack.us/img246/8399/thumbsup4kk.gif

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You dont find any other jokes these days, apple's getting to you :p

has the server been upgraded or something am not aware of? Dont notice much changes in speeds, let 2 mbit come and I'll get back to you :p
Are the plans available already ? I am planning to go for BSNL connection but wanna know if I should hold on for some time. Normal BSNL connection takes from 1 month to Lifetime here in B'lore so even if they'r going to start that in a month time I should be ok *img246.imageshack.us/img246/8399/thumbsup4kk.gif
From Jan 1

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
Hope the home 500 plan sees a limit of not less then 3GB..at least..!!! And I wish they don't cut night free period - 2 to 8 free is better than no free period at all..!!

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
wow..... holy world ...... cant believe this ......

so much happening so quickly .... hope wat agnels has qouted is true ...

agnels ..... tere muh me ghee- shakkar .... reps bhi ...

awsome awsome news .... i'll switch over 2 BSNL sooooooon , veryyyy sooon :D :eek:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
if they cut night unlimited i will switch to the 250 or 900ul plan :D , इस पार या उस पार :p

sanddy

Broken In
wanna frnds i was just thinking about the usual habbit of BSNL'S lazy officers and stupid computers producing huge bills at d end of d month,

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I think they will increase download limit to 2GB...Coz for 250plan they doubled limit.Similarly for 500Plan 2GB. Double of existing 1Gb. Still I hope they EXTEND Happy Hours.. from 12to 8 or 11 to 8. Gr8 news guyz..I'm looking forward for the next year...Its like a Christmas Gift for us...I hope santa claus will bring another HARD DISK for storage and Lots and lots of Blank DVDs for me.... :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom