Bsnl night unlimited update for automating ADSL connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Ok so I've a solution-
Here is what I used
*www.lifsoft.com/downloads.html
But the question is how do u automate the broadband connection the thing is that u can automatically connect it but will have to manually disconnect at 8:00 in morning but its not much of a bother the important thing is that u get a good night sleep.
Ok I am using windows vista x86 and to automatically connect ADSL open network and sharing centre-> then click on manage network connections->Right click on ur ADSL connection->Click on properties->Under the options tab of ADSL(Ur broadband connection)properties clear the check box which says "prompt for name,password certificate etc."->click on ok.
Now shedule firefox to run just 1min before ur p2p client and there u go it will automatically connect to broadband without prompting for user name or password.
After a good night sleep be sure to disconnect at 7:57 sharp(because of the way BSNL bills)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Nice one Quadra..
BTW we have one tutorial :) Bsnl 2-8 download while u r asleep

OP
quadroplex780

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Yes charan I am aware of it but he has different appraoach for broadband connection(u gotta leave it connected)which will result in bills(cause bsnl doesn't have a proper way of billing if connection is on longer than in between those hours)with mine u can connect whenever u want but will have to disconnect manually.

milano

Right off the assembly line
if you are in PPPoE mode then you can try "Imran's Broadband Helper Utility"

if you are in Bridge mode then you can use "Shajul's S/W"

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
a batch file... nice and simple

Code:
rasdial connectionname username password
rasdial connectionname /disconnect

for bridge mode...

Status