BSNL launches 24 Mbps Broadband plans in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I always wonder why we cant get net connection without limits (or at least descent data limits at lower prices :razz: ) and higher speed.

I am now in Germany and this is what i am getting :razz::razz::mrgreen:

*www.speedtest.net/result/753183461.png

Its University network, same i get in home without limits and as a student getting it free. :razz:

So do you download highdef movies or just buffer them online :D

Hmmm you could be an ISP service provider here with this connection.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Madness.. I applied for a change of plan from BB3000 2Mbps to promotional BB2800 8Mbps on Dec 30 and as yet I have not got it. Calling them three of four times every week, only empty words but no action.

iinfi

mekalodu
thank God .. atleast they did put the download cap at 5 or 10 Gigs
u cant expect anything more from Indian ISPs

RChandan

Broken In
*Whole post Snipped* -By FilledVoid

I've asked you to refrain from going Rambo on posts before. Next time there is no warning, I'll just start handing out infractions and increase its length exponentially for each word you use.

Being frustrated doesn't allow you to bypass the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaithy

In the zone
:-( Young man I am very sad for you, more importantly to your father,he who fail to raise a Good and better cultured son!

Last edited by a moderator:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
^^ why u r taking serious man,wat he explain his frustration.I have story with BSNL the people who working their there such bogus man and they know how to talk.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
SIghs...everyone abroad getting such insane bandwidth at such low prices.
Damn I hate the ISP providers in India and how expensive technology is in India. :\

Technology??? They use primitive techniques. Here in a 1 km cable , you will find more than 50 links which are going nowhere.They cant even afford a single long cable for distant transmissions .They never see if their communication line is going nearby a Power line that causes Harmonic Losses in both lines :| FTW ! My modem loses its call while working on net or downloading stuff. It comes back after 2-3 min :|. Sad connection and maintenance. Customer support doesnt know anything beyond windows XP . WOW ~ and India is considered as fastest developing nation.. well i what respect, i dont understand !

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
here 10Mbps connection cost me £20 unlimited but as compare to India all the computer parts are expensive.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
this i m getting in my uni

*www.speedtest.net/result/784460375.png

This is obscene...how may we think about that speed in time to come from any of the service providers?

I understand that the population of these countries (UK, Germany individually) is actually the total number of internet users in India (trust me it is not exaggerated, search "number of internet users in India" and "population of britain" and compare the figures) but still...that shouldn't mean we have to be deprived of an internet connection with decent speed.

din

Tribal Boy
@RChandan

We can understand your frustration but the language you used was ....

Just think how things were few years back. We blame BSNL for everything, but they are the one who started the 'real broadband revolution' in India and not any others. There is no doubt in that. Right now I am 360 km away from Cochin city (where my house is) and in a remote village (Wayanad, Kerala). I enjoy broadband here just because it is BSNL. They provide broadband in such places where people could not even dream of it few yrs back.

We will have to wait for higher speeds and cap-less plans from BSNL or any other provider, but at the same time we should consider ourselves very lucky too. We just can't compare the plans in India and abroad. It will take some time.

sijugk

Right off the assembly line
@RChandan

We can understand your frustration but the language you used was ....

Just think how things were few years back. We blame BSNL for everything, but they are the one who started the 'real broadband revolution' in India and not any others. There is no doubt in that. Right now I am 360 km away from Cochin city (where my house is) and in a remote village (Wayanad, Kerala). I enjoy broadband here just because it is BSNL. They provide broadband in such places where people could not even dream of it few yrs back.

We will have to wait for higher speeds and cap-less plans from BSNL or any other provider, but at the same time we should consider ourselves very lucky too. We just can't compare the plans in India and abroad. It will take some time.

BSNL may be the pioneer in broadband service in India but that is because it is a Govt body. No other ISP's are not allowed to provide better service at that time due to the permit raj system of India. Anyway if BSNL can give 24Mbps connection to its users, I appreciate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom