BSNL hijacking Browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
I am experiencing an unusual problem from past 3-4 days.

When ever I connect my bsnl broadband connection. and opens a website. It automatically gets diverted to the following link.

*www.motive.bsnl.co.in/

after that I had to reopen the link.
This thing happens every-time whenever I reconnects my connection.

Is this happening with everyone or just me?
Is it a virus kind of thing?
If its not virus how can bsnl do this trick to us.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Is that site fake?

rsk11584

Journeyman
It is happening to most BSNL users, might be some kind of advertising tactic used by BSNL I had this problem some 2-3 days ago around once in a day or so, and after i open the browser I usually keep my laptop in hibernate mode hence I dont feel much problem because of this redirection so nothing much to worry about it .

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I am experiencing an unusual problem from past 3-4 days.

When ever I connect my bsnl broadband connection. and opens a website. It automatically gets diverted to the following link.

*www.motive.bsnl.co.in/

after that I had to reopen the link.
This thing happens every-time whenever I reconnects my connection.

Is this happening with everyone or just me?
Is it a virus kind of thing?
If its not virus how can bsnl do this trick to us.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Is that site fake?
Are you using any software provided by BSNL to connect to internet? There might be some settings about turning it off.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Its even happening on my Linux Box. Although it only happens once so I really don't care. Think they are just advertising some tools they have on the site at the moment.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Its even happening on my Linux Box. Although it only happens once so I really don't care. Think they are just advertising some tools they have on the site at the moment.
How is that possible? I didn't know that a internet connection can alone force an OS to open a specific website after getting connected. :-o

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Behaviour is similar to some spyware or malware. Have you tried scanning for spyware in safe mode using your computer's administrator account?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
All that i know is if you configure the internet connection with the CD they provided with modem.. it will change the homepage of default web browser to bnsl.co.in.

Didn't heard of it till now.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Can't be a virus/malware.
Uninstall all BSNL programmes you use to make internet connection.MAke a manual connection from network setting.
Set the home page to blank or whatever from internet browser setting.

abhijangda

Padawan
I m too getting same problem. In Fedora 12 i got this problem in Firefox(I run only Firefox as my browser) and in Windows 7 also in Firefox not in Internet Explorer (i run both of them). But i didn't install any BSNL software, just uses Windows 7 or Fedora 12 default software(or whatever u may call it) to setup connection.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
I am using broadband from past 2 years and this didn't happened to me earlier. This is the first time. And from past few days only.
And yes I use fire fox. Is this is due to updated latest version of Firefox.

and this happens first time only when you connect your connection.

My homepage is blank. No softwares are installed from bsnl. I had a manual dial-up setup.

sakumar79

Technomancer
A few years ago, Airtel did the same to ask users to download a software to help them diagnose any problems remotely. I think BSNL is doing the same... They are asking users to download this motive software for helping them do remote maintenance...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom