BSNL Broadband to offer minimum Internet Speed as '2Mbps'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Journeyman
Are the lines in bsnl inferior compared to local bb providers. In my 1mbps local bb i can watch full hd without buffer.. Whereas in bsnl 2mbps it can barely play 480p..playstore, YouTube works better in local bb.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
BSNL end-point network uses telephone wires which are prone to rain,moisture,cuts,rusting etc unlike lan/cable used by local isp providers.also any local cable isp network in a city is like a big lan so if anybody downloads some torrent/watch you tube video then everybody else in the network can download/watch later at good speeds because of caching feature which is used by most of the local cable isp.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
BSNL end-point network uses telephone wires which are prone to rain,moisture,cuts,rusting etc unlike lan/cable used by local isp providers.also any local cable isp network in a city is like a big lan so if anybody downloads some torrent/watch you tube video then everybody else in the network can download/watch later at good speeds because of caching feature which is used by most of the local cable isp.

What about BSNL FTTH .. also what about other Landline player like Bharti Airtel who is also using copper based wires of traditional network but their system is rock solid compared to BSNL.

dekaron

Broken In
It is also politics, BSNL can never be better than private internate providers who donate for political campaigns

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
BSNL FTTH will eliminate line issues associated with copper wire phone lines but it will not help in caching/torrent peering.a 1mbps connection from a local cable isp can achieve 10mbps on many youtube videos/torrents because of caching/peering but a 1mbps BSNL FTTH will only give you 1mbps(even if more stable compared to phone line 1mbps plan) irrespective of any site/torrent.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, I guess every initiative by Govt. is only hype.. I tried Railwire form: I get error :

Code:
ERROR : in Mail Sending

Failed to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution (code: -1, response: )]

Apparently, they are using google SMTP to send mail and have not configured DNS properly on server or its being blocked by firewall.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why would you even try,that form is meant for business inquiries from,say,local cable isp willing to rent railwire services.outside of railway colonies you will get railwire connection only if some local cable isp has tie-up with them?

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
MTNL is also upgrading speed from tomorrow , all speed to 2 Mbps with FUP of 6 GB ...lol

it will be over in 1 day ..atleast give 30-50 gb of FUP if u want people to experience some speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom