Browser War - Take your pick

IMO, the best Browser is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
OPERA 9.5
On any god damned OS: Windows, Linux, Symbian(Opera mini!), or even platform independent JAVA!
You want proof?
Take the acid 3 test: *acid3.acidtests.org/

Just 'coz it shows some ugly looking useless smiley it is better? :lol:

Still, Opera runs on Windows, Mac OS X & Linux equally. So there is nothing else other then extensions support in which Firefox beats Opera.
Unfortunately, Extentions matter the most.
I love using opera MAINLY because it has intergration with my Desktop Environment.
Firefox has no such intergration.

But I still end up using firefox because it has fewer bugs, has loads and loads of extentions to keep even ME satisfied, and because there are workarounds to intergrate it into my DE>
Nah, we bash MS where it deserves it. You don't bash FOSS even when it deserves it.
I do :D
I am actually platform neutral.
I bashed Windows when it was not good enough.
Then I bashed Ubuntu when it was not good enough.
Then now, I bash Firefox and Opera because they are not good enough.
Ok, that's it.. Banned for 7 days.
:lol:
I hate to say this, but I think prakash deserved it.
:D
He was just talking TOOMUCH. And linking a lot, and embaressing even HARDCORE linux users, like me, kalpik, anirudh, etc.
:mad:

DigitDonz

Broken In
Safari for sure it rockz in terms of speed, but in terms of add-ons it really sucks!!! If you need to surf fast internet go with Safari.... It will be great give it a try...

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
DigitDonz said:
Safari for sure it rockz in terms of speed, but in terms of add-ons it really sucks!!! If you need to surf fast internet go with Safari.... It will be great give it a try...

Yess..Safari is great.. But for year 2002...
Safari is as good as a Blind-Deaf-Lame Horse. (Read absolute no worthy features).

Firefox whileis pretty good, Its in no way a browser of choice for noobs. Opera is powerfull enough for Both Power users and n00bs.

praka123

left this forum longback
to all : I apologize my behaviour in this post :| .I got my control off due to [....] provocation :)

Firefox rocks!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
who provoked U? Do U consider calling Bill Gates a genius or saying that IE 7 works fine for me provocation?

praka123

left this forum longback
imav - he is whining about opera and micro$oft -
iMav said:
Just to spice things up, why would a normal user want to download some sh!tty browser that finds the only way to promote itself and get some publicity by suing another company which is going to release a final version that will put to rest the most commonly alleged accusation?

Why would someone want to download some sh!tty browser when there is a browser that does what it should very efficiently?

Why would I want to download some sh!tty browser when I my Vista already has 1 that does everything?

Why would I want to download a sh!tty browser when most web developers specifically code websites for IE?

Why?

The only special browser out there, is the one that most web developers spend time on developing their sites for. It's IE.

IE 8 FTW!!!
^this is the reason.see how he tries to justify m$haft :evil: bolded part is reg opera vs M$haft on Internet exploder monopoly and opera filed anti-monopoly case against M$haft !

anyways ,I dont want to continue ,unless on popular demand :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
Praka, I suggest you stop using the words M$haft and similar words for a while, and please, don't call other members by offensive words. I hate to say this, but you are 29 years old. At least try to act your age. Your posts are becoming too repetitive and monotonous. Cut it out, unless you want a more serious ban.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@Prakash

Did Microsoft kicked U out of campus selection when U were in collage? I mean, I don't find any other reason for U to get so angry :D. Hack, U R a FOSS Terrorist & U don't even contribute to FOSS whose songs U sing.

U like Piracy
U hate North Indians
U hate hindi
U abuse MS & Bill Gates when they r the only reason U R able to work on a 20K PC at home.
U R an Indian but hate other Indians

Why should we even allow U on this forum?

praka123

left this forum longback
I am regretting for my apology now.
MODS!BAN THESE TWO FA1B0YS WHO ARE THE MAIN CAUSE OF FLAMEWARS HERE.ESPECIALLY FOR NAME CALLING.
I dont like Piracy. it is name calling.
Id like you both to be outside of this forum.I can very well say ,this keeps sanity of the forum :) .I dont hate anyone black or white or north or south.it is those ,like the M$ kiddos you both ,who loves to enforce Hindi,feeling elitist! :D

yes M$ and bill gates doesnt deserve what it is! :evil:

I bet if you two are banned and removed ,I can maintain sanity here. see the psych0 who spread anti-FOSS on his blog?see how he provokes?NO ? :D then dear M$ servants ,just Shut The Fcuk UP! OK?

i think the existance of you both are the reason why M$ is going down :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Opera sued MS in terms of monopoly & non-standard compliency, but they didn't sue Apple for Safari's monopoly, Y?

Firefox is doing well but they didn't sue MS, Y?

MS is making IE8 Standard complient, still opera sued them, Y?

The day U give proper logical answers to these, I will agree that MS is a monopoly, despite of the fact that Windows platform is full of 3rd party apps

@prakash

I m one of the most senior member here but even I M having enough. I don't like slang language but now U R provoking me to use Hindi abuses (cos U won't understand them :D)

your posts & love for FOSS is justified only if U contribute to FOSS which U don't. Hack, even zeeshan likes MS but still he contributed to FOSS by porting gigasmilies to Linux. What have U done for FOSS other then degrading the status of FOSS as those who r jealous of MS & can't stand Windows being so popular

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
U R the one who takes names & called Bill Gates an Idiot, ever seen us calling Richard Stallman an idiot?

That is the difference Y half the forum loathes U but still takes us normally

praka123

left this forum longback
M$ is a monopoly

Microw$oft from its starting with founder Bill gates wants proprietary crap to be enforce.they always liked to kill their competitors buy "embrace ,extend and extinguish" method.

They always copied from others(remembe M$ dos is bought by miss bill gates,windows copied shamelessly TCp/IP and network stacks from *nix ,UI from Mac OS).when Netscape was the browser during mid 1990's ,they launched a bundled browser which is integrated to the shell called Internet exploder.

Poor netscape cannot compete with the monopoly.then ,microsoft expanded its monopoly by giving users a dead horse called IE for so many years ,until Firefox came from the ashes of phoenix browser.

now M$ is famous for anti-competent practices.they are found guilty by US courts many a times.
nited States v. Microsoft, 87 F. Supp. 2d 30 (D.D.C. 2000) was a set of consolidated civil actions filed against Microsoft Corporation on May 18, 1998 by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) and twenty U.S. states. Joel I. Klein was the lead prosecutor. The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft abused monopoly power in its handling of operating system sales and web browser sales. The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Microsoft Windows operating system. Bundling them together is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of Internet Explorer. It was further alleged that this unfairly restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera) that were slow to download over a modem or had to be purchased at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft altered or manipulated its application programming interfaces (APIs) to favor Internet Explorer over third party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with OEM computer manufacturers, and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct.
[....]
United States Microsoft antitrust case

then ,Linux became a player visible to the moronic M$ during 2000's. lately they want to prevent Linux from capturing their monopoly winblow$ market.
M$ used Fear,Uncertainity and Doubt"(FUD) method with GNU/Linux and FOSS.

they used a drowning company called SCO unix by funding them indirectly to sue that Linux kernel uses codes from their pool.

when that failed,M$ recently came directy with a FUD called Linux infringes 235+ software patents. software patents are virtual things which practically doesnot exists. EULA and other stringant copyright laws provided more than enough things to keep M$ so called "innovation" :evil:

then lately M$ wants to join the lucrative music/video(hollywood esp) industry by enforcing Digital Restrictive Management (DRM) on their softwares especially Vista which turned out to be a flop on window$ series. :)

Now,Microsoft got another strategy.they want to make young kids start their computer education first from windows ,hence to make them lock to this single windows platform.they are distributing funds of millions of dollars for this matter.

Microsoft is a monopoly with their internet exploder incorporated with their windows operating system which too is a monopoly and due to which every new kid or pro user sticks with this OS.

Governments can save big revenues by NOT using windows which is essentially a blot and spyware galore.recently windows VI$ta got 60+ spyprobes secured by NSA of USA gov/mil found by softpedia.

anybody with some self respect ,should try their best to leave this windows OS's and should stick with Free/Alternative OS to prevent the monopoly.

FOSS is Free/Libre Open Source Software - It is a boon in current world where those who got money and power and monopoly rules everyone suppressing others(and options).
What is free software and why is it so important for society?

Free software is software that gives you the user the freedom to share, study and modify it. We call this free software because the user is free.
To use free software is to make a political and ethical choice asserting the right to learn, and share what we learn with others. Free software has become the foundation of a learning society where we share our knowledge in a way that others can build upon and enjoy.
Currently, many people use proprietary software that denies users these freedoms and benefits. If we make a copy and give it to a friend, if we try to figure out how the program works, if we put a copy on more than one of our own computers in our own home, we could be caught and fined or put in jail. That’s what’s in the fine print of the license agreement you accept when using proprietary software.
The corporations behind proprietary software will often spy on your activities and restrict you from sharing with others. And because our computers control much of our personal information and daily activities, proprietary software represents an unacceptable danger to a free society.
*www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software

Richard M Stallman Founded GNU(*gnu.org) which helped Linus and others to build a operating system around Linux kernel called GNU/Linux.
it offers freedom in both ways(as in free beer and free speech).

read more here:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Microsoft

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
[Offtopic]

@iMav, GX
For heaven's sake, can't you 2 stop provoking him?

@Prakash
Dammit! Can't you stick to the topic? Why do you get provoked?

Nobody wants to know WTF is FOSS or Linux or Why FF didn't sue MS or Why Opera sued MS. Keep all that crap with yourselves. Don't pollute the forums. Why are you 3 hell bent on taking Digit forums to its ultimate death??!! All of you must be ashamed of yourselves... prolly handed life-bans. Frankly, I see no reason for provoking or being provoked. Digit forums is going to DOGS! Literally!

[/Offtopic]

I'm sorry for the offtopic post, but couldn't help it! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom