Browser War - Take your pick

IMO, the best Browser is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

planetcall

Indian by heart
due to huge bandwidth usage I thought of trying Opera. I do admit Opera is a pretty good browser but I never could go pass this initial willingness primarily due to the extensibility provided by firefox. FF is like a suit which performs so many tasks for me. Opera do support widgets but I really dislike it in comparison to FF nifty extensions. Moreover, Opera is yet to support AIRoboform. The software without which I wont use any other browser. I have used Opera Wand and it comes no where near roboform.
Finally I decide to stick with Firefox because I have 1GB Ram and the memory hog doesnt pose a big threat to me. Though I would love it more if it becomes as sexy and as slick as Opera.
*i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/i-love-firefox-not-opera.gif

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
netscape is a good browser but opera & firefox have become better than it...but if u like netscape u can use it...its good

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
My first third party browser was Opera 6 (around 2001). Followed every version after it.
Opera was and still is the fastest to render web pages.
I was attracted to its smart cache, rendering, simplistic interface, low resources and several other advantages, like ability to block ads.
Then came along Maxthon (Around 2003,Then known as MyIE2, they had to change the name due to copyright issues). It was the first browser and that too based on IE6 which could be customized by addon extensions (not firefox). I switched to it due to tabbed browsing, mouse gestures and drag and drop and since it was based on IE, all my IE toolbars and customizations could be exported.
Then along came firefox. I tried scores of extensions. Now I have 92 running, all of them i can't do without. Switched permanently to firefox after I months of tweaking. Some extensions that won't let me crank up any other browser : AdBlockPlus (Even blocked the ThinkDigit Logo :.....Boo to me :D, besides every script or flash I find), ScrapBook, GreaseMonkey, Stylish, Drag de go, IEtab, Gspace, TabMix plus, FireFTP, User Agent switcher .............etc.
Things I dislike about Firefox::::::::eek: oh that ugly statusbar. In opera, the status Bar is equivalent to a toolbar. you can drag and drop anything. I usually used to drag the Status button (which shows the location of the highlighted link) on another toolbar. Opera does ACID2. (Ever tried it on Firefox, it splatters the head).
Opera still is the fastest and best out of the box. But for productivity and security, nothing beats a tweaked Firefox..(helped me find backdoors to several useful sites :D)
I have nightmares that my hard disk crashes and all my firefox ssettings are lost. So i made 2 backups for firefox, the profiles folder is on a separated drive which I never format.
My wish. I hope someday Opera and Mozilla merge to bring us one grand browser with all their individual features. Hey a guy can dream right ? :D
Got IE7 so that IEtab on Firefox could use the latest version of IE :D
Btw, voted for both Firefox & Opera for the poll.

EDIT;
After a crazy couple of days of Stylish CSS scripting for Firefox, I can now assert without any bit of doubt that Firefox rules.

Last edited:

Goten

Banned
Firefox user here.

Was an opera user coz of its friendliness n many features when I was on broadband.

But now I am on dial up gpra internet.

Firefox rocks in that department n opera cant even open google.

Peace~~~!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I used Firefox for surfing and used to use Internet explorer 7 for downloading.But all that changed today as i found that IE 7 was giving me extremely low download speeds compared to opera.I got 120KB/s in IE which later dropped to 20KB/s then again rose to 44KB/s(the average).In opera i got a consistent 80KB/s.So i still use Firefox for surfing but now opera for downloading.

Internet Explorer sucks at rendering standard pages
Mozilla Firefox is damn too slow and buggy wuth version 3
Opera is not fast as claimed by its developers and it has rendering issues
Galeon and Epiphany are downright unstable
Konqueror & Safari is extremely hard to use - hardly any buttons. KHTML suks
Dillo is GTK1.2+, not GTK2+ so its unusable

ALL BROWSERS SUCK NOW

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ For a geek who likes to do a lot of things to acheive a simple result, it must be painful! Imagine instead of doing all those DHTs and tunnelings and socketing, all he had to do was just press one button? How would he look in front of his geek friends?

OK, I’m not one to get embroiled in a browser war but that’s one of the weirdest statements I’ve ever read. Safari is a pleasure to use. Generally, lesser buttons = simpler interface.
But buttons I WANT are not there.
I need buttons to access several features for which I would otherwise need to go through lots of menus. Thats why I used to love Firefox. Lots of easy to access features.
^^ For a geek who likes to do a lot of things to acheive a simple result, it must be painful! Imagine instead of doing all those DHTs and tunnelings and socketing, all he had to do was just press one button? How would he look in front of his geek friends?
WTF ? Why the FU[K would I want to do lots to get something small done ?
Either you are really delusioned about geeks, or you are just mad.
Geeks are like to get MORE CONTROL and get work done FASTER.

And anyway, WebKit, KHTML and Opera lack several of Gecko's features.
That makes me ditch all non gecko browsers already from usable list.

The only browser left now for me to use I guess is Skipstone.
It uses WebKit and Gecko Engine. Both can be used.
And its damn light.
But I never got an opportunity to test it.
Now I CAN'T test it as I want as less GTK apps as possible.

Things I hate about Opera:

1. I can't re-arrange my toolbars.
2. I can't pull a bookmark down in the bookmarks manager.
3. I can't resize the toolbars and make them smaller.
4. Pressing Down button in a text box does not take you to end of the text.
5. No support for WYSIWG editing in Blogger and vBulletin.
6. Not at all as fast as it claims to be.

But unfortunately, its the ONLY browser I can use. Konqueror is not right enough and Firefox 3 is too buggy. So Opera is the only KDE browser left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom