Brightness keeps on changing

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I am using LG 22MP68VQ monitor. Say I am watching a movie or browsing something, the screen auto dims i.e. the brightness decreases all of a sudden but in the brightness bar its value remains the same say 50. The smart energy saver was low, I have turned it off. If I open Picture mode and select say cinema while watching a movie then it works fine but then it auto shifts to custom after some time. I did not change any setting. This problem started few days back. Have installed on screen control software by LG but same result. Have reset the monitor but nothing. What should I do?
How much warranty is this monitor having btw?

Thanks

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I am using LG 22MP68VQ monitor. Say I am watching a movie or browsing something, the screen auto dims i.e. the brightness decreases all of a sudden but in the brightness bar its value remains the same say 50. The smart energy saver was low, I have turned it off. If I open Picture mode and select say cinema while watching a movie then it works fine but then it auto shifts to custom after some time. I did not change any setting. This problem started few days back. Have installed on screen control software by LG but same result. Have reset the monitor but nothing. What should I do?

Thanks

I think you have enabled some power saving option in Monitor or else there is a display power saving technology in Intel graphics option.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seen similar issues on some win 10 updates,check with some other windows(like 7 or 8.1) to see if the issue still remains.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I think you have enabled some power saving option in Monitor or else there is a display power saving technology in Intel graphics option.
The display's power saving mode is off. Will check in the windows settings, where is it located btw?

Seen similar issues on some win 10 updates,check with some other windows(like 7 or 8.1) to see if the issue still remains.
Have no other pc to test it bro. Only a laptop, but no time to connect them.
Anything about the warranty period?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I said before,try it with another OS(maybe borrow some friend/colleague/relative laptop with win 7/8.1 for a few hours).You can even download & test with live linux usb(ubuntu or similar).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,

Thanks
*lifehacker.com/disable-windows-annoying-adaptive-brightness-feature-on-1567886994

Top Bottom