Booting takes longer now

Status
Not open for further replies.

thilina

From Sri Lanka
Recently I borrowed a HDD from my friend & plugged it to ma pc.I noticed that after I plugged it ,pc took about 45 seconds more(than usual time) to boot everytime I turn on the PC.I have enabled the SOS mood in my pc(The mood which doesnt show the startup screen-winxp logo- when the pc boots.This (abt) 45 seconds delay occurs during the screenshows
"Microsoft(R) Windows(R) xp :build2000.............................
1 System processor:224MB of RAM"

in the blue screen.No HDD activity is shown during this time.(Actually nothing noteworthy happents during this delay).
I was so irritated of this delay & I unplugged the HDD of my friend.Then I booted and everything was fine.All this things happend few days ago.Today I attached my friends HDD again & the same problem occured.So I removed the HDD,bt unlike the previous time,the delay continued even after the HDD(friends) is unplugged!!.
Then I went to Device manager,enabled the option to "show hidden devices".Then I uninstalled ma friends HDD from there too.But the probles still remains.Plz help me with this,this is really annoying.

imgame2

Padawan
usally some times connecting a HDD can slow down a system it usually used to happen with IDE drives ...and perhaps because drive is not defragmented

i think its the problem with ur windows ..somehow its device driver dlls has gone corrupt ..or may be something else ..anything can happen with windows:rolleyes:

defragmenting ur friends HDD and reinstalling windows should solve the problem !..atleast i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom