bios .... what if it does not recognize 80 gb!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
can anyone tell me how to find out whether the existing bios in my motherboard will support 80 gb or even more..... is there any software or website to find all the limitation of the particular ver of the bios....

busyanuj

In the zone
in case an older motherboard doesn't detect bigger hard disk, you can always opt for bios flashing.

check out this website -- *www.esupport.com/ to find the limitations of your bios and to flash it to a newer version.

amistik

Broken In
hansraj said:
can anyone tell me how to find out whether the existing bios in my motherboard will support 80 gb or even more..... is there any software or website to find all the limitation of the particular ver of the bios....

BIOS update is denzerous without knowing details of your mother board and BIOS fanufacturer. If updating is fail due to floppy bad sector or sudden power cut, you have to replace your mother board. To detect 80GB hard disk first visit the web page of your MBD manufacturer and check whether is update is avilable using your mother board model no.
Before update read in details for what modication the upadte firmware is. Sometimes its for only some Power Management or PCI complience.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
yah hansraj bios update is a very dangerous thing. wait for jak , the inhouse flash expert, tp reply or pm him directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom