BIOS logo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spp_itim

Broken In
Friends,
I bought new D102Ggc2, Pentium D (2.8 Ghz) and 512 MB DDR2 RAM to upgrade my system. I updated BIOS from Intel's site by downloading an exe file and other drivers. After update was successful the Intel Inside logo changed into "Intel" word with white background while booting.
Another prob is also that the front panel audio setting is disable. I use Windows Xp sp2. I formatted the system twice but could not solve the problem. Plz help soon.:(

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
When the BIOS is updated to a new version,the BIOS gets new features like support for new processors,new features,etc

But you should have taken the backup of the old BIOS before upgrading it
Formatting your XP wont do any good as BIOS is the first step which occurs during boot

Regarding the Audio Disable Feature,please mention what version of BIOS are you running

Kniwor

Learner
that is no harm done, just get another bios version from their website and flash it, a little older maybe, and dont forget to write them about this.

OP
S

spp_itim

Broken In
How to write them about the prob? Plz suggest the link.
The main prob is that audio front panel setting is disable.

OP
S

spp_itim

Broken In
Many many thanks to NikhilVerma and GeekyBoy for solving the audio problem.
I am really foolish but happy to get such intelligent bros. thanks again.
But how to restore my intel inside logo?

GeekyBoy

In the zone
I'm sorry for that but how can you listen from the front panel audio if you haven't connected to the motherboard? There must be some sort of link !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And for the logo: I think you may have to flash the BIOS again with the appropriate logo.

assasin

Banned
All latest BIOS from Intel have dis Logo prob.Just download a bios released bout a month back and flash ur present bios with it.Sud solve ur logo prob.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Btw why do you want the old logo back anyways ? The new bios may give you more functionality I don't think you would want to change back just because you don't like the logo of it ?

GeekyBoy

In the zone
NikhilVerma said:
Btw why do you want the old logo back anyways ? The new bios may give you more functionality I don't think you would want to change back just because you don't like the logo of it ?
Point

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I am writing here quite off-topic.but i need to know.

Is the bios flashing is necessary ? And what happen when Blu-Ray Drive is standardized like today's DVD-Writer ? is it normally detect it ?
I have two Intel Machine running with 945 Series motherboard.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
dissel said:
I am writing here quite off-topic.but i need to know.

Is the bios flashing is necessary ? And what happen when Blu-Ray Drive is standardized like today's DVD-Writer ? is it normally detect it ?
I have two Intel Machine running with 945 Series motherboard.

Flashing the BIOS is necessary if you want to expand the hardware support of your motherboard. Flashing the BIOS also removes bugs in the previous BIOS and may allow new software to be installed, for eg, in old motherboards, you may need to upgrade your BIOS to support Windows XP.

I don't know much about Blu ray drives. They cost about 45k now !!

Kniwor

Learner
you can always chenge the logo in the BIOS to whatever you like, i have a custom logo, that reads my config etc....

OP
S

spp_itim

Broken In
GeekyBoy said:
I'm sorry for that but how can you listen from the front panel audio if you haven't connected to the motherboard? There must be some sort of link !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And for the logo: I think you may have to flash the BIOS again with the appropriate logo.
I listen from rear panel. I have to get appropriate front audio panel connector
still change front panel audio setting.
3. Fixed issue where wrong CPU badge is displayed.
4. Fixed issue where wrong L2 cache is displayed.
5. Updated VBIOS to version 008.050i.057.000
6. Removed early power button check.
7. Added IGD UMA Size item in setup.
8. Fixed IDE Controller disable no function issue.
9. Fixed issue where certain hard drives can't boot.
10. Fixed problem when no PS/2 device is connected.
11. Fixed issue if suspend mode is set to S1 then USB keyboard and
mouse can't wake the system.
12. Fixed issue where certain drive imaging software CD can't boot.
13. Fixed issue where certain drive imaging software can't execute
from a LAN boot environment.
14. Fixed issue where the installation of Virtual PC* 2004 SP1 will
cause system to restart.
15. Changed SATA device string in setup.

BIOS Update Release Notes
PRODUCT: D102GGC2 (Standard BIOS)
BIOS Version 1084

November 10, 2006

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom