Bill Gates in DANGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
I dunno if he does it for saving taxes but yes donating is far better than giving taxes. Also, the donation given by Gates is counted in leu of taxes only if he donates in US, isn't it?

Correct me here, but does the $100m donation he pledged to India and $X to other countries for fighting AIDS and other diseases also reduce his taxes in US? :neutral:

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
@blueshift!!

read the article.. Bill gates's position is in danger... ( richest person of the world)

@mediator i bacame a fan of yours... and yes you are right... absolutely.. :p

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Funny this is being discussed.
Philanthropy is a form of the "mature" human response called "altruism". (Not the literal definition but the psychoanalytic definition eg. a gangster donates money for charity to wipe away his guilt.)
"Denial" is termed as an "immature" response.
(I may be flamed for this but this a a fact. Sigmund Freud must have been flamed a lot too :D. b4 flaming, please pick up any decent clinical psychology book or look it up in Wikipedia :) )
Not that I ain't a fan of ol' Bill. He sure does deserve every penny he has (Not that my laments matter). Watched the recent Biography episode on him on The History Channel. But does that make him better than any1 else? I can't say.
The thing that matters is that if you feel inspired by some1, do something better.
The world is short of good people.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
shantanu_webmaster said:
@blueshift!!

read the article.. Bill gates's position is in danger... ( richest person of the world)

@mediator i bacame a fan of yours... and yes you are right... absolutely.. :p
Bana, itna ucha ucha bi mat likiye! :oops: :D .......I'm a fan of every buddy I have here!

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Funny this is being discussed.
Philanthropy is a form of the "mature" human response called "altruism". (Not the literal definition but the psychoanalytic definition eg. a gangster donates money for charity to wipe away his guilt.)
"Denial" is termed as an "immature" response.
(I may be flamed for this but this a a fact. Sigmund Freud must have been flamed a lot too :D. b4 flaming, please pick up any decent clinical psychology book or look it up in Wikipedia :) )
Not that I ain't a fan of ol' Bill. He sure does deserve every penny he has (Not that my laments matter). Watched the recent Biography episode on him on The History Channel. But does that make him better than any1 else? I can't say.
The thing that matters is that if you feel inspired by some1, do something better.
The world is short of good people.

its good that you correct the statement MR. Radical.. but let me tell you a thing.. Sir William Henry Gates III is a person who should be an ideal for someone... If you are not inspired by him or you dont thing that he is some different then its only and lonely yours thinking.. many poeple will be thinking like you.. but i aint,,, the truth is that he is a man who is not my ideal... coz i am myself my ideal... you may think this as my attitude.. but this aint attitude.. this is self confidence.. and you know what.. i admire mr. gates for this self confidence.....

eddie

El mooooo
nepcker said:
Steve Jobs has donated quite a bit
Do you have some sources to back that claim up? I am highly ignorant regarding Steve Jobs charity work. Please enlighten me.

P.S.: As of December 31, 2006, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is worth 33 billion US dollars.

P.S.2: Charity seeks to raise money for Steve Jobs’ family

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
freebird said:
Yeh to Apna Habit Hai

समर्पण : for Sir William Henry Gates III lovers.

hey MR. Linux FANBOY... this aint true what you are talking about... he never did any sitam on anyone.. this is people who are jealous of his success.... :D
and you are one among them... remember that... freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
truth is truth.btw enjoy ur fanboyism.Bill gates and his monopoly OS did lot of harm to the world structure and to alternate Operating Systems(remember M$'s FUD ,SCOing etc on poor Linux users?).You are a Windows fanatic cant think the right way that's it?.better change ur fanboyism.
*catb.org/~esr/writings/libgates.html
*www.bitstorm.org/gates/

Last edited:
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
hey freebird, r u not showing your fanboyism, whatever you say he has also given a new height and meaning to OS technology and is an excellent personality overall as i say... :p

You are a FANboy and Except it... otherwise you would not be having suct user title and signature... see your self and then say.....

Linux is a gr8 OS.... but you cant even think of what is windows for us....

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I am trying to make ppl understand what is M$ done to the world and what u can get by supporting this monopoly OS.YOu are a hardcorer,u cant accept the fact that what bill gates and steve ballmer is doing to Linux and other Competition OSs.FUD,SCOing anything more i have to say?come out u little M$ fanatic let the brain get unbiased @tleast.

mediator

Technomancer
shantanu_webmaster said:
hey freebird, r u not showing your fanboyism, whatever you say he has also given a new height and meaning to OS technology and is an excellent personality overall as i say... :p

You are a FANboy and Except it... otherwise you would not be having suct user title and signature... see your self and then say.....

Linux is a gr8 OS.... but you cant even think of what is windows for us....
:D
Neways Chill...This is not Linux Vs Windows u know!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
nepcker said:
I think the only rich American that donates without the intention of paying less tax is Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah Winfrey donates to increase the TRP of her show , her donation is clearly business. i saw one episode and she was giving loads to goodies for a lady and her kids . her show has high TRP and she earns many times more than she donates.

Bill Gates and similar ppl donate to increase goodwill and support for their brands. I think the biggest donor is Warren Buffet who has donated 37 billion $ (omg) in Melinda gates foundation. But still donating a foundation and running it are total different things.

Some one who can cross the wealth to Bill Gates is surely to come from the petroleum business, we have no choice other then to buy petrol products as here is no alternative. So no wonder we see the petroleum giant as the richest person very soon. After all wars have and will be faught for Oil, its the most valuable thing until someone commercializes some alternate cheap means for driving the world.

Last edited:

overclocker

Journeyman
I think that bill gates now in trouble it is a serious matter for him bcz his prestige
involves with this issue.. surely he will do something for maintaining his performance....

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I'm quite poor. let all of them donate to me and i'll decide whos the biggest doner...

T

thunderbird.117

eddie said:
Do you have some sources to back that claim up? I am highly ignorant regarding Steve Jobs charity work. Please enlighten me.

P.S.: As of December 31, 2006, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is worth 33 billion US dollars.

P.S.2: Charity seeks to raise money for Steve Jobs’ family

It does not matter if the proof should be given or not. It does not matter how much people spent money of charity.

Bill gates is just showing off which is not nice. It is best to keep some thing secret without telling to others.

Neither someone should force other person to give fund or cause for any matter. It should come from within them.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
and i dont think that Mr. gates ever showed anything... did he release a press issue for what ammount he is donating no... he didnt...

and plz chill coz as mediator said its not M$(BILL) vs LINUX thread or anything... and neways ... BILL GATES IS ALWAYS RIGHT,.... (if you say i am a FANBOY) let it be....

Status
Not open for further replies.