Big Big Partition Problem (Data lost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

Now, whatever I am going to say may be a little complicated but please be patient and help me out.

I am on a Win 7 platform with two HDD. The first HDD contains the OS and the second had three partitions.

All that I will be talking is about the 2nd HDD that contains all my data.

Out of the three partitions, first was empty, second was full and third was also full. So I merged 1st and the 3rd so that I can have some extra space in the third. As soon as I merged it, it said that it wil convert it into Dymanic Drive to which I said ok. Later as I didnt like the feel of it, I deleted the 1st which also automatically deleted my 3rd partition. That was where everything went wrong. I again created it and did a quick format but now all my data is gone.

Now guys, please help me to get my data back. I havent copied any thing to that drive till now.

Thank you.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try using an Undelete software.

TuneUp Undelete, NTFS Undelete (free and link: *ntfsundelete.com/) etc.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@OP, do u want to say ur 2nd partition is also gone now??

Try those recovery s/w mentioned...

And these too...
Recover My Files
Recuva

Best of luck...

I'm a bit skeptical here, as u've messed ur partition table twice, there may (I say may) be severe data loss.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thank you guys. User "RecoverMyFiles" yesterday night. Although it took the whole night to scan my 360 GB HDD, but fortunately was able to recover 95% of my data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom